SpeakerBoy

Connect and disconnect noise from aux cable

I have my stereo reciever and sub amp across the room from where I sit when I listen, so I use the source to control volume. However, since I never use the volume knob, the system is set to max listening volume all the time and when I unplug the aux cable I get like, obscene popping. My woofer trys to leave the box and the mids punch me in the face.

How can I reduce this effect so I get a quiet connect/disconnect? I'm okay with buying a part if it's not too expensive but I have no idea what to try, and my reciever is older than me, meaning, no remote to mute it when the cord is moved.

I myself know the switches and don't mind shutting it down before unplugging, but I let my housemates use it from time to time and don't like how hard on the equipment that pop seems to be.

That's the only approach?

Guess they are going to have to learn that. Thanks

I at least turn the volume to almost nothing when plugging in devices, like my phone or mp3 player.

Like I said, I'm okay with it, i'm used to it. I'm more concerned about when I'm not home. They look at my stereo like it's a spacecraft. All it is, is a 2ch Realistic sta-2250 and a Yung SD-500-6 -.-

-Double post-

Edited by SpeakerBoy

Could easily blow your shit. I'd either add a volume pot at the plug in or a mechanical disconnect switch. Or course both are a waste in stupidity as shutting it off should happen when you are done listening anyways

I meant I'm okay with going through the process lol, not I'm okay with the disconnect pop

Something like a PAC LC-1?

That would actually be perfect.

Edited by SpeakerBoy

You think they are going to take the step to turn the volume down when they won't take the step to turn it off?????

I was somewhat joking. And the PAC is a POS. If you are going to use a pot at least pay for an ALPS Blue Velvet.