ArrizX

Extra Tweeters

So I was getting ready and doing some research about my new truck before I bought speakers and I found an interesting fact........

I have a new 2014 F150 and it has rear speakers, door speakers and tweeters. Door speakers get the full channel, tweeters also get the full channel with a capacitor or resistor to cancel the low frequencies. There is no factory cross - over. I am not going to amp this set of speakers because I am concerened about my hearing listening to loud music all the time.

Anyways so all I was going to do was replace the door speaker with a coax speaker and replace the tweeter with just a better one. Will I get too much high range with a coax speaker and tweeter designed the factory way?

Thanks

Do NOT do that. If you are going to put a tweeter in some place have it be part of a component set. Randomly adding drivers will do nothing but get you a big ole mess.

Thats what I thought. But everyone is doing what I just asked about.

Stage3 even sells a kicker kit that is only coax speakers that is for our truck.

http://www.stage3motorsports.com/KS68-2004-2014-F150-Kicker-KS68-6x8-Door-Speaker-Upgrade-Kit-CrewCab-SuperCab.html

So I guess I should get a REAL comp kit? If I do that then I have to get an amp. It would be stupid not too with a nice component set...... Watcha think?

skip the rears (unplug or fade forward) and focus that money on the front stage. 

Yeah I wasnt going to do anything with the backs.

I wasnt going to amp the fronts either but if I need to get a component set then I will have too.

Do I have any other options though?

I could get a coax speaker and unplug the a pillar speaker but that is stupid. So do I understand that A pillar tweeter wont work with a coax and all I can really do is get a real component set with an amp and set the x over myself and bypass whatever factory shit may be there?

what's your budget? 

I only planned on 150 for front speakers and then sub woofer stuff, but I will need to buget out more for better speakers and an amp and more wiring and stuff. If I had to put a number on it, I would say 500 on equipment for front stage and ill install it all myself.

Sub stage is going to be an SAE-600d or 1000d (cant decide if I want extra in case or not) and two RE10s in an under seat box for a super cab truck. But thats subject to change with an amplified front stage.

I planned on 500 for sub stage too so I can buget realistically 1000 dollars for a decent system. Im keeping the stock head unit in the truck. Speakers, amps, subs, etc.

Thats what I thought. But everyone is doing what I just asked about.

Stage3 even sells a kicker kit that is only coax speakers that is for our truck.

http://www.stage3motorsports.com/KS68-2004-2014-F150-Kicker-KS68-6x8-Door-Speaker-Upgrade-Kit-CrewCab-SuperCab.html

So I guess I should get a REAL comp kit? If I do that then I have to get an amp. It would be stupid not too with a nice component set...... Watcha think?

That kit is a fucking joke.