Sign in to follow this  
BigGeorge

Sonic Eletronix or Online Car Stereo

Has anyone ordered from Sonic or Online Car Stereo?  Are these companies legit?  What I was specifically looking at was a newer Pioneer 5700 DVD.  The prices are sweet and are about $130.00 less than Crutchfield.  Just wanting to know if anyone has any experience with these companies???

I shop at sonicelectronix.com all the time and no hiccups come to mind. With onlinecarstereo.com make sure you call to see if they have the product in stock, the website will say it is but they might not.

Depends but usually at sonicelectronix.com you get a free wiring harness with your radio purchase or at least a discounted price if the harness is expensive.

Edited by jay-cee

Another Sonic Electronix shopper here. No problems thus far. No personal experience with onlinecarstereo though.

Love Sonicelectronix myself.  I primarily order most all of my HU's from them for the reasons mentioned above along with the great prices.  Only hiccup I ever had was being sent an incorrect wiring harness (one of those years of vehicle where they changed things in the middle of the production year, they couldn't have known) which they took care super fast with no problems what so ever.

I've also ordered from Online Car Stereo before too.  Only problem I have with them is that they don't keep track of their stock status online as fast as SE does.  I always call first with OCS but have never had to worry about it with SE.

Another vote for sonic here. Never have had a problem with them.

Another vote for sonic here. Never have had a problem with them.

Sonic is not bad at all...But I have heard some mixed feelings with online car stereo.com back in the days,But not lately..

I guess I will pull the trigger and order from Sonic since the consensus is they are legit.  I'm still a little curious as to how they are so much cheaper than Crutchfield.  Is the market up really that much? 

I guess I will pull the trigger and order from Sonic since the consensus is they are legit.  I'm still a little curious as to how they are so much cheaper than Crutchfield.  Is the market up really that much? 

I think they have more overhead because of all the free stuff they offer along with a purchase.

Crutchfield has always been more expensive when buying any car audio products, just may be there mark up or businsss strategy.

I would say their prices may be a bit higher due to the number of employee's they have on their payroll..If they are not making a bigger profit margin then their payroll deductions how could they have stayed a float for 40+ years... Great company though and sometimes the customer support is worth the few extra bucks wink.png

Sonic is great. Customer service is top notch and pricing is great. Shipping sucks to Hawaii though.

Online car stereo is good too. I ordered a few things but I once called them to inquire about a product and had questions and the person, I felt, was very rude and pushy.

Sonic answers email on sundays !!!

I ordered an NuForce AirDAC recently : very good price, stock was right from their site, fast shipping and fast delivery too. Loved it.

I'm in a foreign Caribbean country !!

Good move on Sonic.  Like stated, onlinecarstereo will gladly take your $$ for out of stock items.  Then when it doesn't ship for a week, you have to track them down.

Good move on Sonic.  Like stated, onlinecarstereo will gladly take your $$ for out of stock items.  Then when it doesn't ship for a week, you have to track them down.

I've heard stories like this before...

Crutchfield is more expensive because they are a factory authorized dealer for everything they carry. They have been around since the 1970s and have fantastic customer service.I would definitely pick crutchfield first and Sonic would be my next choice. OCS is not even an option as they show no business ethics what so ever.

I've heard stories like this before...

That's why I always call first with OCS.  I ordered an item that happened to be out of stock (not listed as so on the website).  After a week of not seeing any movement on the order I called and they told me it was out of stock and would ship as soon as it was back in stock, the time of which they said might be a week or so.  Two weeks later I call again and I'm informed that it will be another two weeks.  Two weeks later again I call and it's been discontinued and still had to call three more times to get money refunded and had to call and fight with them again because my refund was charged a restocking fee, go figure.

I've ordered from them since because they had an item either at a price that no one else could match, or an item that wasn't in stock anywhere else, but like I said I ALWAYS call first and verify they have it in stock now.

Ordered many times from sonic. Mostly good experiences.

Last thing I ordered was showing in stock, wasn't, so without notifying me they changed my order to the newer generation of the product, sending me not what I wanted.

It was the re sex15 sub, I have one of them already and wanted to run 2, they sent me the v2, which is completely different from the first gen. Made me a little upset.

BEWARE WHEN BUYING FROM ONLINECARSTEREO.COM. THEY REMOVE SERIAL NUMBERS FROM JL AUDIO, ALPINE, INFINITY, FOSGATE, KENWOOD, KICKER, PIONEER, CLARION JBL AND FEW MORE. BY DOING THAT YOU DONT HAVE WARRANTY. THEY CLAIM YOU CAN SEND IT BACK BUT ALL THEY DO IS HOLD ON TO IT FOR A FEW WEEKS AND THEY SEND YOU THE SAME DEFECTIVE. ALSO, THEY DONT HAVE ANYTHING IN STOCK MOST OF THE TIME SO THEY CHARGE YOUR CARD AND ISSUE YOU A FAKE TRACKING # TO MAKE YOU BELIEVE THAT IT SHIPPED BUT IN ALL ACTUALITY THEY ARE USING YOUR MONEY FOR A FEW DAYS IF NOT WEEKS AND THEN ALL OF A SUDDEN THEY SAY "ITEM OUT OF STOCK". WE NEED TO CREATE AWARENESS AND PASS THIS MESSAGE ALL OVER TO MAKE THEM PAY FOR THE SCAM THEY HAVE GOING ON. OH, AND ALSO... EXPECT TO GET BAIT AND SWITCHED, YES YOU WILL GET A CALL SAYING " OH IM SORRY WE ARE OUTOF STOCK OF THE ITEM YOU ORDERED, BUT WE HAVE THIS ONE INSTEAD"....

SHADY A$$ COMPANY

BEWARE WHEN BUYING FROM ONLINECARSTEREO.COM. THEY REMOVE SERIAL NUMBERS FROM JL AUDIO, ALPINE, INFINITY, FOSGATE, KENWOOD, KICKER, PIONEER, CLARION JBL AND FEW MORE. BY DOING THAT YOU DONT HAVE WARRANTY. THEY CLAIM YOU CAN SEND IT BACK BUT ALL THEY DO IS HOLD ON TO IT FOR A FEW WEEKS AND THEY SEND YOU THE SAME DEFECTIVE. ALSO, THEY DONT HAVE ANYTHING IN STOCK MOST OF THE TIME SO THEY CHARGE YOUR CARD AND ISSUE YOU A FAKE TRACKING # TO MAKE YOU BELIEVE THAT IT SHIPPED BUT IN ALL ACTUALITY THEY ARE USING YOUR MONEY FOR A FEW DAYS IF NOT WEEKS AND THEN ALL OF A SUDDEN THEY SAY "ITEM OUT OF STOCK". WE NEED TO CREATE AWARENESS AND PASS THIS MESSAGE ALL OVER TO MAKE THEM PAY FOR THE SCAM THEY HAVE GOING ON. OH, AND ALSO... EXPECT TO GET BAIT AND SWITCHED, YES YOU WILL GET A CALL SAYING " OH IM SORRY WE ARE OUTOF STOCK OF THE ITEM YOU ORDERED, BUT WE HAVE THIS ONE INSTEAD"....

SHADY A$$ COMPANY

Turn your caps lock.

I used to use woofersetc.com as well until I heard sketchy things from them as well.

Edited by jay-cee