Sign in to follow this  

Starting yesterday my sub will play and then stop. I'm running 1 psi 15 inch platform 2 sub wired to 4 ohms on a hifonics zeus 3200 watt amp. The hifonics light on amp will still be illuminated but the light on the bass knob will fade until it's off completely. When I restart the car the sub sometimes will play and other times Not. All wires are secure. Any ideas?

Starting yesterday my sub will play and then stop. I'm running 1 psi 15 inch platform 2 sub wired to 4 ohms on a hifonics zeus 3200 watt amp. The hifonics light on amp will still be illuminated but the light on the bass knob will fade until it's off completely. When I restart the car the sub sometimes will play and other times Not. All wires are secure. Any ideas?

Have you tried to unplug the RJ-11 from the jack? Could be a fault in the PCB on the knob itself...Set you gains accordingly and try with the RJ-11 disconnected...

Check your fuse from front to back as well as your grounds. Be best to check the voltage at the amp with a multimeter if you could spare 5 minutes.

I checked the ground it and it is completely burned.

You got a bad ground connection going on.  Your best bet would be to go through EVERY connection on the positives as well as the grounds from the battery to the amp and make sure they're all tight, clean and in perfect shape or next time it's liable to burn up more than just the ground wire.