Sign in to follow this  
khinds94

What happened to the coils?

So after finding out I burned up one of my zv4 leads (probably because of clipping), I decided to throw my mayhem back in. Voltage was dropping to 14.0 from 14.9 max, so I knew something was wrong. Mayhem was working fine when I took it out a year ago when I got the zv4. They were ordered with D2 coils. How did this happen? I cant imagine it was from clipping as well.

1sz001G.jpg?1

QMr6XB7.jpg?1

You might check the connections where the tinsels hook up to the push terminals and verify they're solid and clean.  Otherwise something has happened to damage a coil, clipping would be the first suspect.

You might check the connections where the tinsels hook up to the push terminals and verify they're solid and clean.  Otherwise something has happened to damage a coil, clipping would be the first suspect.

I see, I did check the connections at the terminals and they are fine. I cant even check the tinsel leads or the connection to the coil like I could with the zv4 as the mayhem has sandwiched leads.

Scraping the coil will also cause readings like this

Check the batteries in your meter. 

No matter what I think you will have to recone it every time my ethos did that had to recone it.

rip the cone out.  and look at the leads.  Are you saying dropping from 14.9 to 14.0 is less drop than normal?