loud_impala

sq of the judge

i saw in the description of the subs that it was designed for spl but how is the sq? and can it be ran in a daily system without having to worry about the cooling

i saw in the description of the subs that it was designed for spl but how is the sq? and can it be ran in a daily system without having to worry about the cooling

Read this.

http://store.soundsolutionsaudio.com/products/judge-15-incriminator-audio-15-2500w-judge-series.html

ok...and? thats not telling me anything

It's telling you it's a spl driver that could be used for a daily driver, but your going to lose sound quality because it is built for spl use.

Maybe you want a sq driver that can get loud?

What is more important to you sq or spl?

Go to their website and email them. Not many IA users seem to use this forum.

Edited by pmureika

Do you like black or white....or perhaps grey.  There is no difference in the question.  Currently you seek grey but we know not why.

You asked us something pretty damn subjective.

It might sound good to someone else, but you may not like it, or vice versa. You need to have a way of expressing what it is you consider quality sound. If you can't do that, go ahead and buy it anyway, you won't know the difference.

I want a sub that have the best of both worlds sq and spl

Besides this what are your goals, budget, space available, power on tap, current electrical etc.?

Then buy an Icon.

If you want a loud sq sub.

Spl subs have a very peakish response curve.

Besides this what are your goals, budget, space available, power on tap, current electrical etc.?
Daily ground pounder...$1400 for subs and $1500 for amp(s) looking to run about 8k watts trying to try something different than sundown..but I can squeeze 17-18 cubes

What vehicle would this go in?

Buy SQ oriented subs and go with a large build. All I can really suggest. Plenty of power, and plenty of room so you really seem to be after spl but staying musical while doing it.

Buy an SPL sub and play music.

Seriously you are making no sense. Either you want a peaky respobse, flat or somewhere in between. Stop using terminology youeont understand :(

SQL is like asking for a darker flashlight.

That isn't what you asked for before.  Not even close.

That's why you buy a sq sub that can get loud. Like a ssa xcon or something equiveliant.

Read the reviews on the xcon you won,t be disappointed.

Edited by pmureika

I'm not interested in ssa subs..almost every time some recommends a sub 90% of the time it's a ssa sub that's why I asked the question in the IA section

All we were trying to do is help you understand the difference between a SQ sub & and an SPL subs output.

You wouldn't use a washer to try to dry clothes would you?

This is why you really can't use an spl sub to play a wide variety of notes equally as loud across a wide range.

Nevertheless it's you're money do whatever you want.

IA makes quality equipment, your question that you originally asked was misleading to the actual answer you were looking for.

I'm not interested in ssa subs..almost every time some recommends a sub 90% of the time it's a ssa sub that's why I asked the question in the IA section

Fi Q?? Or I believe the death row is along the same vibe

Edited by puscifer2

You might try asking icluphf about some first hand experience, though he hasn't been on here for a bit. He is running two 18" judges on an ns1. Sounds about like what you are asking about here.

http://www.soundsolutionsaudio.com/forum/topic/62337-incriminator-audio-scion-xb-build-2-18-judges-on-an-ns1/

When you ask about the "sq" of a particular driver, it's like saying how well does it work in a "sq" oriented build. You don't seem to want sq, you want loud and sounds good. Loud is easy, sounds good is subjective. We need to know what type of sound you like. What kind of music would you prefer to excel at? What types of setups have you heard in the past? What did you like and dislike about them? What is your budget for electrical? 8k watts worth of amp won't power itself.

Edited by hdrox88

All we were trying to do is help you understand the difference between a SQ sub & and an SPL subs output.

This is why you really can't use an spl sub to play a wide variety of notes equally as loud across a wide range.

IA makes quality equipment, your question that you originally asked was misleading to the actual answer you were looking for.

I apologize if you took my comment the wrong I didn't mean it in a rude way

I apologize if you took my comment the wrong I didn't mean it in a rude way

Everybody is just trying to help.Lol

Pretty sure the "sq" of a btl will blow you away. Horrible use of the term, but trying to make a point.