Some understanding of what you like soundwise wouldn't hurt. Sure you've been to an audio store and demo'd different things. Most likely if you are normal it wasn't just the most expensive you liked the best but also....

Curious in particular of what you preferred on the treble end of the spectra.

Helps to not be tone deaf when selecting a good driver and tweets.

Idiots play with settings all the time at local shops.

So if you know what is correct, you can get a real experience for what each product is

actually capable of.

Clean, crisp sound over lound and garbled distorted garbage.

Listen to M5 he really is trying to help.

His methods may seem a little harsh, but there's a lot of idiots out there who love to mislead people.

Was looking at the deh-80prs and it looks nice but is the sound quality really better than the clarion to justify the price difference? and as far as tweeters im not sure what kind I like all I know is systems with tweeters always sound better than systems without.  I mean I do like the sound quality of my infinity reference 5022i coaxial tweeters at lower volume levels, they just dont hold up to well at higher volumes.
The kind of sound I like is when guitar solos sound real/live (from a good band not one that cant play live) and hold up at higher volumes.
Budget is about 500 or less for both mids and tweets, mounting depth isnt a big deal because I can modify my door as much as I need to.

Edited by bluelaser

I'd go listen to some things or expect you will change whatever you buy. Your choice.

And yes, the Pio is worth the price difference.