fred57

Any significant difference if swapped Xcon 15 with SMD 15 same enclosu

Would there be any significant difference if i swapped out 2 xcons with the SMD 15" subwoofers on the same 3500rms power in the same enclosure just curious

WP 20150305 005

Vague post is vague

Yeah one difference for sure would be the subs in the box.

What do you mean different? Louder, cleaner, deeper?

Edited by SpeakerBoy

no quieter.. . lol sorry but of course any louder? deeper? stronger lows? just sucks having a grand marquis shit bass trapped trunk seriously looking for a new car to buy just because of bass

Yeah there could be a significant difference but there is only one way to tell. Model both setups and that should answer your question.

BigJon did a 150.x out of the trunk in a towncar, hair tricks with seats up. How much room is there around your box, you might want to reposition them for more airflow. They could be being choked off.

guess i gotta spend the $1600 to get the answer lol

there is no other way to re position them but facing up and bigjon had his facing back i actually got my box plans from him but he has a new box since that box . there is barely any room as you can see in the pic thats all the room.

Edited by fred57

His other box looked as if it had a larger port with the two subs next to each other and the port on the left side maybe the box was smaller with a bigger port . 

Where in ohio are you?

Wouldnt do it if I were you. At least try a couple enclosures first. . . . What are you looking to improve in the sound? Cause it can easily be just an enclosure problem

I would rebuild first. What happens when you drop 1600 and there's no improvement?

guess i gotta spend the $1600 to get the answer lol

No, modeling will cost you nothing and objectively let you know the difference in output.

Running anything with the three letters SMD will only decrease your overall intelligence.

Running anything with the three letters SMD will only decrease your overall intelligence.

:lickscreen:

True that lol, what's modeling? I just tuned some settings more an played around with it sounds really good now actually. Was just curious how big of a difference an SPL woofer is. Trying a different enclosure is probably my next move if any. Also need to change vehicles soon anyway.

True that lol, what's modeling? I just tuned some settings more an played around with it sounds really good now actually. Was just curious how big of a difference an SPL woofer is. Trying a different enclosure is probably my next move if any. Also need to change vehicles soon anyway.

Modeling is when you get some hot ladys in tight clothing and take photos.

Unless you are gayhaaay1.gif

Unless you are :gayhaaay1:

:roflmao:

I'll take that model an shove my 15" woofer in there an see which one is the deepest and tightest then. Thanks! wink.png

You should have the space for 2 15s right? Here's a quick vague answer for ya. Buy two SMD 15s, build a box to spec, which would be around 10cuft NET with a shit ton of port area, around 160-200cuin of port, buy 2 Taramps HD8ks, and about 6-8 batteries. I think you would be happy. 

I already have 2 15's so yes i do have the space . But my box is 8cuft so i dont think it can go any bigger. I'd just get another crescendo 3500 instead . and i am happy with my setup as i said in my first post was just CURIOUS lol. Guess my actual question is if you can hear a difference between a subwoofer that has a higher max RMS rating like the ssa EVIL but ran off of the same power. So like if i swapped out xcons an put in the evils.

Edited by fred57

The answer to your question has nothing to do with Xmax.

The answer to your question has nothing to do with Xmax.

I think I know his question... lol.

If power is the same

If box is the same

Will there be an audible gain, changing from

A) Subwoofer with 1000 rms rating

to

B) Subwoofer with 3000 rms rating