Sign in to follow this  
Pimp-Juice

Audible click when powered

Whats up yall. Its been a while sence ive been around, but im back with another question...

I got a sundown scv 4000d, got everything hooked up no problems. once i turn the key and let the power get to it, theres an audible click sound, almost a pop. Im wondering what it is. i did notice i hear the sound at the same time the blue power light comes on the amp, but i just want to be sure thats what it is.  Thanks in advance!

If we are hearing the same thing, my PPI phantom amps do this. I just figure it is the internal switching when the amp powers on. It sounds like a relay click to me.

Do.it make your subs move when it makes the pop or click noise

If we are hearing the same thing, my PPI phantom amps do this. I just figure it is the internal switching when the amp powers on. It sounds like a relay click to me.

Nothing major but like stated above its a relay

http://www.soundsolutionsaudio.com/forum/topic/43954-saz-3500d-clicks-when-turning-on-or-off/

Thank yall very much! i figured it was something along those lines but wanted confirmation. Apperently i didnt search the right words cause i decided to post after a couple hours of searching.

Thanks again hd and jay!

And to answer you antoine, no the subs dont move at all.