250a singer alt

36"W X 15"H X 28"D is my max space to work with

Thinking I want tuning around 35hz slot port

All opinions are appreciated

Let me know if I left anything out

Thx guys

Edited by garychurch84

Slot

Are you looking for suggestions like sub and port orientation? Or complete design and sketchup? Trunk wall?

I was running my zcon 15 in 4.25ft^3 at 29 hz with 58in^2 of port. It sounded clean and FR wasn't terrible either. Played mid 50hz to about 24hz with a little lull in the upper 30hz. I was also running almost double your planned power to it though. No detectable port noise to me and it would flex my dash on the lows.

Edited by hdrox88

Are you looking for suggestions like sub and port orientation? Or complete design and sketchup? Trunk wall?

I was running my zcon 15 in 4.25ft^3 at 29 hz with 58in^2 of port. It sounded clean and FR wasn't terrible either. Played mid 50hz to about 24hz with a little lull in the upper 30hz. I was also running almost double your planned power to it though. No detectable port noise to me and it would flex my dash on the lows.

no walls...just a trunk setup...giving my measurements I think sub up port back might be best. Looking for recommendations, design..what ever help I can get.

I have sketch up and Torres,just don't have them down enough to design anything just yet.

no walls...just a trunk setup...giving my measurements I think sub up port back might be best. Looking for recommendations, design..what ever help I can get.

I have sketch up and Torres,just don't have them down enough to design anything just yet.

He didnt mean wall your vehicle, trunk wall is another way of saying sealed off and firing forward.

If you can loose some depth and add 1.5" of height you can do forward firing with everything sealed off.

Edited by jay-cee

He didnt mean wall your vehicle, trunk wall is another way of saying sealed off and firing forward.

If you can loose some depth and add 1.5" of height you can do forward firing with everything sealed off.

lol...I knew what he meant...I'll still be using my rear seat as I have two kids.

i got a ssa icon 15'' 3.7cuft ported to 33hz  2 4'' aero in my grand prix  amp is a AT 1200.1 

those small grand prix trunk openings are B to work around!!   i was able to get lil over 6cuft with 4 10s, 2 separate boxs sharing the same air space after both installed..  much more pleased with the single 15 set up tho

Bump

What would a design cost me? Anyone?

Have you talked to alton

Have you talked to alton

no sir

Here is a quick and dirty.

zcon15.1_zps8r6031xg.jpg

zcon15winisd.1_zps7t6mqcjd.jpg

zcon15.1_zps8r6031xg.jpg

thx man..that box will be easier to install an remove also with the smaller measurements used

zcon15.1_zps8r6031xg.jpg

I have these programs here,but dad won't get his ass off the PC long enough for me to learn them lol

Here's what DJSNT came up with.

Color%20Coded%20Cut-Sheets_zpsoqno1mc4.p

Preview_zps4ehinzfz.png

Color%20Coded%20Baffles_zpsgp8lwkb4.png

Color%20Coded%20Model_zps7lfn81uy.png

That looks justvlike Sanchez old box for evil that swift made..

That looks justvlike Sanchez old box for evil that swift made..

i don't think I seen that one...I remember one with like a 10" areo port or something like that with the evil in it.

I order my designs from RAM-designs.

Cheap and efficient !

I order my designs from RAM-designs.

Cheap and efficient !

I forgot about those guys,it was $25 for the design...

I was hoping for some constructive critism lol...or what peoples thoughts where on the design.

Its a nice design, as long as it meets the specs or modeled for the subwoofer I don't see what else there is to say. Just make sure it is well constructed.

Its a nice design, as long as it meets the specs or modeled for the subwoofer I don't see what else there is to say. Just make sure it is well constructed.

I like the design...4cuft after displacement. 47sqin port area tuned at 35hz.

I feel its lacking in port area a little,but I'm no box designer either.

Edit: As far as I know he models them as well but was an extra charge for the graph.

Edited by garychurch84

Why not go with a 6" aero port if your dimensions don't allow for more port area or an overall bigger enclosure. The only way to tell if it is insufficient port area is to model the driver. How much power do you plan on using? For daily 47square inches of port may be perfect, so you never know. Some people do use larger ports for number chasing.

Why not go with a 6" aero port if your dimensions don't allow for more port area or an overall bigger enclosure. The only way to tell if it is insufficient port area is to model the driver. How much power do you plan on using? For daily 47square inches of port may be perfect, so you never know. Some people do use larger ports for number chasing.

bc2000d for power...I gave these measurements 36w x 15h x 28d. He dropped the h to 14 and depth to 26

I'll try plugging it into winisd later..still have a little trouble with it.

I don't like the 2 ports design, if it's what I saw !

Just my personnal taste on the look.

I can't comment on anything else.  :) 

My Zcon 15 is in 4 cu ft but I don't remember the port area. But I love it !

IMG_0173.jpg