Sign in to follow this  
SacredTanakh

2013 chrysler 300 Rim Offset

I have a 2013 chrysler 300 awd v6, and I am insanely picky with rims. I pretty much hate them all to be honest but I have finally found the one and the only rim for me.

I want the velocity vm12 22s. Which have all the right specifications except being an offset of 30mm. The recommended offset for my car is between 34-42.

Do you guys think I can get away with that 4mm? Maybe not with regular sized tires but with low pros?

I do not know much about rims honestly but looking at the car there is a solid 3-4in around the front tire to the fender.

speaking of which I know nothing about tires either, what size low pro would work with these rims and my car?

Also can't a machine shop trim 4mm from each rim, and how cost effective is that really?

I researched as much as I could but what I found didn't give me enough information to be confident in anything I picked as far as tire specs or rim specs.

Thanks guys! any other tips are much appreciated.

I read that explanation before but still not confident in saying whether they will fit not.

I know for a fact they fit rwd versions of my car. They are 22x9 and the stock I'm pretty sure are 19x7.5

Edited by SacredTanakh

What you may run into is either wheel scrub on the inside of your fender, or control arms when turning, or wheels that stick out too far and look silly.

I believe with lower offset they stick out farther.

See what this calculator says.  Been accurate and true every time I've used it.

http://www.rimsntires.com/specspro.jsp

Thanks! that was way more detailed than the other offset calculator is that i was using.

okay so I assumed the worst since I can't find the offset of the stock rims, and put the offset in the calculator as 45.

and even then they should only stick out 1.25in from the stock. With low pros they should be the same circumference total.

Right now the stocks sit an inch inside the wheel well in the front, and the rear sits at 2in from the wheel well.

I turned the wheel back and forth on my car to see if there were any problem areas, and there seems to be enough clearance for that 1.25in.

It will likely be less then 1.25 though so I think I'm going to take the chance on these.

Is there any other things I should look at, and does that all sound right?

When I ordered wheels for my Denali I needed 30mm offset because its lowered, the Company sent me 19mm offsets (factory offset) . i installed them they are close the fender lips so i just raised the front and the rear up 3/8-1/2 inch.

They rub the inner fender at full lock in reverse only.   factory wheel was a 17x7 replaced with 22x9.5  so i dont think that 4mm less offset would really matter?

When I ordered wheels for my Denali I needed 30mm offset because its lowered, the Company sent me 19mm offsets (factory offset) . i installed them they are close the fender lips so i just raised the front and the rear up 3/8-1/2 inch.

They rub the inner fender at full lock in reverse only.   factory wheel was a 17x7 replaced with 22x9.5  so i dont think that 4mm less offset would really matter?

you wouldnt think so but if you think about it im adding an inch and a half of width with the rim on top of the lower offset which adds up to most of the width going straight out. it will probably end up rubbing on tight turns but hopefully thats it.

Take one of your factory wheels off and stick a spacer in there just to check, should give you a close estimate.