Sign in to follow this  
FiAudioSubwoofersjj

Audiopipe or Massive?

I have a planet audio ac400.1d mono block amp and want a subwoofer around 1000 watts rms that's not to expensive .. I found an audiopipe txx bd3 12 for $147 and also saw a Massive Audio toro x 12 for $185.. Don't kno which one to get .. Should I just get the audiopipe or save a little more money up for the massive toro x 12?

Don't you already have that JL 15?

I usually play with a woofer until I reach it's limits before upgrading, it helps to stop me from piling up woofers and debt lol.

Edited by SpeakerBoy

A dcon is in the same price range. I'm just saying..

It's a solid performer.

If you're set on something new, get something amazing. For real. If I didn't have the BTL, I'd be all over an iCon or set of dcons.

For real for real, the quality of product is off by like, an order of magnitude.

grab a used type r, or l7 (mainstream cheap) off craigslist. you dont have the budget for a decent quality new sub w/ that power requirement. 

Is The Fi X the equivalent to an SSA DCON?

I love theses type of subwoofers that Fi Audio , Ascendant Audio , SSA Audio makes ... They are all very similar are these brands related to each other?

I love theses type of subwoofers that Fi Audio , Ascendant Audio , SSA Audio makes ... They are all very similar are these brands related to each other?

They are built by the same build house.

Fi or SSA will both satisfy. Pretty much certain =]

Grab whichever is more affordable, or aesthetically pleasing.

So they r all basically all the same? Edited by FiAudioSubwoofersjj

Short answer, no. If you have some dimensions to work with, im sure someone can do some modeling to show you how they will all perform in that specific box. What kind of respinse are you wanting to achieve, and at what db level?

So they r all basically all the same?

A couple are so close that they would be indistiguishable in sound, but no they are not ALL the same.

If you can afford the Icon, I would highly recommend it.

The flat response is immaculate to say the least.

Are all they designed by the same person?

who knows since none of us work for Fi, we dont know who is on the design time. Email Fi for more accurate responses. Is there a certain woofer you're interested in or something?