awolfe

Focal Repairs

Does anyone know how, or where, to get parts to Recone a discontinued Focal Sub? It's an 11" model (27v2) designed specifically for ported enclosures. Already tried the local speaker repair shops in southern California & called Focal support direct... No luck. Thanks for your input!

If focal can't help then it looks like your going to have a frankenwoofer (hybrid speaker). Some companies like PSI might be able to help you out but it won't be the same as directly from focal.

Not sure what that means exactly in the way of performance, but I'm not giving up just yet. Trying to reach out directly to the manufacturer in France at the moment. There's always someone (tech/designer/employee, etc...) somewhere that stocked up on hard to get items as they were being fazed out. It's usually just a matter of finding the right person to ask the right question.

For now, I'll make a couple inquiries at PSI about the possibilities.

Thanks again for the suggestions!

NOT SURE WHAT THAT MEANS EXACTLY IN THE WAY OF PERFORMANCE, but I'm not giving up just yet. Trying to reach out directly to the manufacturer in France at the moment. There's always someone (tech/designer/employee, etc...) somewhere that stocked up on hard to get items as they were being fazed out. It's usually just a matter of finding the right person to ask the right question.

For now, I'll make a couple inquiries at PSI about the possibilities.

Thanks again for the suggestions!

It means it wont perform like it use to. If you send it in to get reconed try to get the new ts parameters or else you will not be able to make a proper box for said transducer.

Without stock soft parts the driver may fundamentally be horrible. Maybe not. Can't tell regrettably until it is built and measured. No matter it will surely require a COMPLETELY different box.

Any reason this is in the Test section? Most people ignore it there....

Try Fi car audio as well as PSI, they might be able to do something for ya. But I would try to get it done by Focal first.