ManzKea

Ssa zcons or aa mayhem

Ok. And it still takes a long time to arrive?

For me it was about 3 weeks to build then another 1.5 shipping.

Thanks yall! I appreciate all the info you guys are sharing and how these are built to order. That's really cool, not like a warehouse full of Em. Just goes to show these are on another level.

But update right quick. My mom is apparently careless right now so If it looks like a long term thing I might offer her my altima. Which has 2 12's I was planning on upgrading em so I went ahead and bought some dss ethos! Seeing the good reviews and how their still an up and coming brand I wanted to see what it was about. Well long story short if my mom needs a car, I'll give her my altima remove the subs to give her trunk space, and I might throw the 2 12's into my challenger instead of the single zcon 15. So me getting the zcon shall be post poned

Thanks yall! I appreciate all the info you guys are sharing and how these are built to order. That's really cool, not like a warehouse full of Em. Just goes to show these are on another level.

But update right quick. My mom is apparently careless right now so If it looks like a long term thing I might offer her my altima. Which has 2 12's I was planning on upgrading em so I went ahead and bought some dss ethos! Seeing the good reviews and how their still an up and coming brand I wanted to see what it was about. Well long story short if my mom needs a car, I'll give her my altima remove the subs to give her trunk space, and I might throw the 2 12's into my challenger instead of the single zcon 15. So me getting the zcon shall be post poned

I've heard good things about dss as well as bad. The sale he has now on ethos $325 shipped is hard to pass up.. I got 2 12s coming as well should be 2 or 3 weeks.

Ya that's what he said the lead time was. I'm excited to get it, seen lots of great stuff about em. Hopefully he sends it out tomorrow

Ya that's what he said the lead time was. I'm excited to get it, seen lots of great stuff about em. Hopefully he sends it out tomorrow

Have you received your subs yet? Curiousto hear what you think.

No I have not. I been talking with him and he said one of my two subs had coil rub so he has to re do it, and the parts will come in on Monday. So that's cool that throughly checked

em out to catch that. But it just delays it a bit. So I'm still eagerly waiting lol

Have you received your subs yet? Curiousto hear what you think.

Ok. And it still takes a long time to arrive?

For me it was about 3 weeks to build then another 1.5 shipping.

What did you end up getting?

I've heard good things about dss as well as bad. The sale he has now on ethos $325 shipped is hard to pass up.. I got 2 12s coming as well should be 2 or 3 weeks.

What kind of bad things have you heard?

Errors with soft parts among other things.

Bad glue on spiders.. Someone inverted 15s and cracked the baskets. Other problems from way too much power that is irrelevant. No complaints from rated normal use.. What day did u order?

And a very self serving owner. No place for that attitude IMO and no matter the product (which has not been stellar) I wouldn't do business with him

And a very self serving owner. No place for that attitude IMO and no matter the product (which has not been stellar) I wouldn't do business with him

That is the very reason I seemed to get a bad welcome on my return to SSA,from my opinion wink.png

That is the very reason I seemed to get a bad welcome on my return to SSA,from my opinion wink.png

Your opinion on dss or just your opinion in general?

That is the very reason I seemed to get a bad welcome on my return to SSA,from my opinion wink.png

I've only talked to the guy I think twice on this forum, and he does indeed seem "self serving". Seems to look down on people, and doesn't wanna help. The very reason forums of any kind are fading. People come here for advice/help/suggestions, and when people bash them, make fun of them, etc. it completely turns them away.

Bad glue on spiders.. Someone inverted 15s and cracked the baskets. Other problems from way too much power that is irrelevant. No complaints from rated normal use.. What day did u order?

I placed the order on the 9th of this month.

Wow didn't know there was so much negativity surrounding these subs and the company. I've seen big jons review and also sencheezy and it seemed very positive. Of course it's hard to find recent reviews on em, but it was cheaper to go this route with a dual setup then it was to go dual set up with a ssa sub. Just gotta wait and see.

And Quentin responds to all my messages within a few days, so he seems pretty cool to me. I didn't get no feeling of him not caring bout the product or the customer. But we shall see how they do. I have a 5k taramps I'm gonna use on em. So I asked him on box size, it says 1.5 for 1800watts, so idk maybe I need to shrink it?

The 1800 is for full xmas i believe. If your careful with the gain, youll be just fine

Wow didn't know there was so much negativity surrounding these subs and the company. I've seen big jons review and also sencheezy and it seemed very positive. Of course it's hard to find recent reviews on em, but it was cheaper to go this route with a dual setup then it was to go dual set up with a ssa sub. Just gotta wait and see.

And Quentin responds to all my messages within a few days, so he seems pretty cool to me. I didn't get no feeling of him not caring bout the product or the customer. But we shall see how they do. I have a 5k taramps I'm gonna use on em. So I asked him on box size, it says 1.5 for 1800watts, so idk maybe I need to shrink it?

God NO!  Making a box smaller to handle more power is one of the worst things to do, ever.  All you do is drop efficiency and create more compression.  

God NO!  Making a box smaller to handle more power is one of the worst things to do, ever.  All you do is drop efficiency and create more compression.  

X2...If I had to guess the coils would go up in smoke!

Ok so keep it at 1.5 and watch the gain?

Sorry for that suggestion, I've seen a lot of that option online. They say bigger box is more efficient if you don't have a lot of power and then I've seen if you have a lot of power, shrink the box down so it can handle it

Ok so keep it at 1.5 and watch the gain?

Sorry for that suggestion, I've seen a lot of that option online. They say bigger box is more efficient if you don't have a lot of power and then I've seen if you have a lot of power, shrink the box down so it can handle it

Yeah I've seen that be said alot around the Internet and on this forum. Their comments saying that its bad has me a little thrown off..

You've been reading what you want to see before. Pointless may be a better word than bad.

Let me rephrase, it is pointless to make a box smaller for the sole reason of increasing mechanical power handling...

Ok. What about making the box on the larger size to Co pensive not having a lot of power? Say a 2k sub but you only have 1k? I read it increases the efficiency.

And I emailed Quentin and he said don't lower the box smaller than 1.5 in I have the room lol

You do realize that all the SSA subs are made by Scott..  He owns Ascendant Audio and FI Car Audio and makes the Crossfire XS series subs..  So, asking if you should buy an AA Mayhem or a SSA ZCON is a little pointless.  They both use the same parts and are designed for similar uses..  Scott started Resonant Engineering and all of these are improved versions of the MT that he designed and built at RE..