ManzKea

Ssa zcons or aa mayhem

What's up everyone. I've never had an American made subwoofer before and I'm interested in these two.

I was locked set on the ssa zcons. Because of the tons of great reviews people give ssa,everyone races about the icons. I have a pair of re sxxv2 and the rms is similar to them, so I'm looking to upgrade so I was looking at the xcon's. But then I figured I might as well pay the extra $90 and get a zcon lol. Then after researching, ready to go through a it it, I notice the aa mayhem.

The mayhem is $10 cheaper and 250watts more. And it looks crazy beefy. So I was thinking what's the deal with that. I got a taramps 5k to go on either or. And I'm trying to get Loud, king of the block house shaking etc etc. Lol not gonna compete just daily I guess. Oh and I'm looking at getting either or in a single 15 set up.

Thanks yall for your feed back and help

I don't think you can go wrong with either.

But I vote mayhem in this illegal thread.

No vs threads.

Oh sorry didn't know this site was like that too.

I tried to Google it but I don't find much up to date reviews and YouTube video on the mayhem are mostly the old ones not the ones they are selling now. And same goes for the zcons their all few year old vids so idk maybe people don't run em now days

250 watts means practically nothing at that power range.

Also, get the lube out cause shipping's gonna hurt.

Haha hahaha I hear you on that. Imma go with the zcon. It just seems like a well rounded sub. And I wanna see what people mean by the Sq is awesome. Plus I guess the $10 difference is for the shirt lol.

But that mayhem does look beefy as shyt lol. Triple stacked over sized carbon fiber dust cap.

250 watts means practically nothing at that power range.

Also, get the lube out cause shipping's gonna hurt.

The RMS rating of the subwoofer has absolutely nothing to do with output capability or power requirement.  At all...

Using the RMS rating to compare drivers is as important as the color of the basket...

The RMS rating of the subwoofer has absolutely nothing to do with output capability or power requirement.  At all...

Using the RMS rating to compare drivers is as important as the color of the basket...

the color of the basket............. is the reason why the Funky Pup's would give the listener a concussion ripping out the speed drums

and knock out peoples teeth as you drive by , I heard that they could actually wobble the earth on it's axis

it's the reason why they are no longer in production...........

images (1)

images

I'm sure it comes in to play at one point right?

Not really.  Especially for comparison reasons.

The RMS rating is simply a thermal rating of how much power the voice coil can dissipate before thermal breakdown, that is it.

The only time it is remotely meaningful is in the modeling process to ensure you don't design a enclosure that is so inefficient that you reach the thermal barriers of the driver before you can reach full linear excursion within your usable pass-band.

It also has absolutely nothing to do with "how loud" a subwoofer will get under ANY circumstances.  Of all the T/S parameters, it is one of the least important when choosing a driver...

Wow I did not know that.... So what woukd I need to look at when I'm deciding on getting a loud low hitting subwoofer? Fs and Xmax or something?

ALL, not some, not most but all.  

Of course, the best woofer in the worst box will be worse than the worst woofer in the best box.

Yup.

It isn't just one parameter, it is combination of many.  Honestly, you need to model to compare subwoofers...  I.e, having massive xmax and RMS rating but a Q that is so high and and Vas that is abnormally low will net you a fart cannon in usable size vented box or dismal efficiency in a box with somewhat flat response...

I can say from experience that zcons are nasty and can take a beating. I cant compare the two though.

It's a win-win, I am just biased towards the Zcon.

Thanks for all the knowledge guys! I'd old look at the fs and Xmax and then the rms would determine would be the determining factor. I guess zcons it is fellas! =) gotta email em see how long shipping to Hawaii will be

Thanks for all the knowledge guys! I'd old look at the fs and Xmax and then the rms would determine would be the determining factor. I guess zcons it is fellas! =) gotta email em see how long shipping to Hawaii will be

Its a pretty lomg wait time. Well worth it though. As long as your not in desperate need of it asap.

Wait time varies really, seen some people get their subs in a quick time frame and others had to wait. Tax season still going on so it may take a little longer, no way to give a definite answer.

Yikes. Lol. I thought it would be ready to ship unless otherwise noted there's a backlog. I'll email em to be sure.

Yikes. Lol. I thought it would be ready to ship unless otherwise noted there's a backlog. I'll email em to be sure.

It states clearly on this page if there is any wait time. No backlogs as the subs are built once ordered, they dont have any sitting around.

http://store.soundsolutionsaudio.com/products/zcon-15-sound-solutions-audio-15-2250w-zcon-series-subwoofer.html

Ok. And it still takes a long time to arrive?

Wait time varies really, seen some people get their subs in a quick time frame and others had to wait. Tax season still going on so it may take a little longer, no way to give a definite answer.

X2....back when I ordered my Icons,they where on my steps 1 1/2 to 2 weeks

I doubt the shipping would be any different from ordering from another company. Plus they are in Nevada instead of the opposite coast from you. Patient or not it's worth it but if you are in impatient person it may make you tense at times but dont let that stop you from getting what you want.

You're not waiting on the shipping, you are waiting on the build time, once its built it will ship out normally. Hope this helps.

Nice choice.

Worth the wait. Don't hesitate and don't make another choice because of 3 weeks. Take this time to build the box and be ready with your install.

Jay-cee covered a ton of info for me.  smile.png

The lead time is the machining, assembly, packing, and shipping.  These guys are made to order and due to steady demand and low margins, the build house has no choice but to run at a made-to-order set up as it is not feasible to get ahead of demand and build up large quantities for standing inventory.

The wait time for me was longer than normal because of the tax season when i ordered. Damn near drove me crazy waiting and i thought aboit cancelling my order several times. I'm really glad i didn't. Hands down the zcon is the best subwoofer I've ever owned. I wouldn't think twice about waiting for one now if i wanted one. Like mentioned above work on your box and your build while you wait. You won't regret it.