Thekid5678

In search of new Sub, Please help

Nobody can tell you what will be loud to you since it's subjective. I loved my Icon and that's before they made some upgrades to them.

upgrade to the Q.  There is a substantial difference in power handling.  Or since the sub lasted 3 years, why not recone it and enjoy 3 more.  Or double up with SSDs since you can change the impedance of your current sub now. 

Having a sub for 3 years running is a great accomplishment in my eyes.  I get tired of my setup after 6 months

Thanks for the replies guys.. But now I'm being all indecisive.   I went over to Fi's site and the BL 15 stood out to me.  Not that the Icon doesn't seem good or anything, but the BL is $324.00  whereas the Icon is $385.00  I just don't know what to do lol.   Also I want to be able to use my current box for a while, and Im not sure which sub it would suit best.   I can't remember the exact cubic feet, but if I remember correct, it's tuned to 33hz.   And like stated before, I just want to make sure I'm not going the wrong route with pairing any of the listed subs with my current amp.

the BL will suit you well but you will need about 4 cubes would be optimal. I'm guessing your current enclosure is about 3-3.5

Yea, The box was a custom professionally built box that used all the hatch space in my Integra.. I have an Xterra now, since my integra got hit.     I should be fine using that box for a bl until I save up the money to build one for the bl right?

Yea, The box was a custom professionally built box that used all the hatch space in my Integra.. I have an Xterra now, since my integra got hit. I should be fine using that box for a bl until I save up the money to build one for the bl right?

It won't hurt the sub, it'll shine once you get a box up to spec though :D

Got any recommended specs for a box for an Fi BL? Like I said It will be in the back of an xterra, and I'm more than willing to use all the space back there. Also I want to be able to get some nice low notes with a good amount of flex

Thanks in advance

~Tyler

Edit: Also my current box, which like I said before was for my integr, and is sub up port up, to fire it off of the hatch. With this being in an xterra now, would a sub you port back, towards the hatch be the best way to go? Had all hatchbacks before this suv, so just trying to learn :-)

Edited by Thekid5678

Got any recommended specs for a box for an Fi BL? Like I said It will be in the back of an xterra, and I'm more than willing to use all the space back there. Also I want to be able to get some nice low notes with a good amount of flex

Thanks in advance

~Tyler

Edit: Also my current box, which like I said before was for my integr, and is sub up port up, to fire it off of the hatch. With this being in an xterra now, would a sub you port back, towards the hatch be the best way to go? Had all hatchbacks before this suv, so just trying to learn :-)

Sub up port back, in 3-5cubes is what Fi recommends; I like larger boxes, takes less power to get what I want =] Edited by SpeakerBoy

Just stopped by my box builders house, and I have just under 9 cubes to work with. So I am wondering how you think 5 cubes tuned to 31Hz would do? Like I said, not looking for spl, just want something that will pick up the lows, sound good, and flex the crap out of my xterra lol.

I think that sounds excellent :)

So I got an email from Fi, Turns out that it had gone to my spam folder.  I explained everything to them, and asked about warranty, but they said it was only a year.    After that, I told them everything that I have told you all, and the guy emailing me recommended that I get a Q  and not a BL.    If you all could explain there differences between them to me, I would greatly appreciate it.   From what I can tell though, the BL will get louder but the Q will have better SQ and Hit the low notes better?

Pretty much. The BL is a bit louder, the Q is smoother.

That is a seriously wacko description.

That is a seriously wacko description.
I am not articulating myself well today. :(

How should I put it instead lol

Edited by SpeakerBoy

Ok, So I have a choice to make.   My xterra got hit with some hail, and I got wrote a check for $1,100..     I am really debating about possibly putting it towards my system, since the damage is barely noticeable any way.    

With that being said, and remember I have 9cubes to work with.    What type of dual 15 setup do you think I could run Subs+Amp+box for around that price + or - a few bucks.   

A pair of SSA Gcon 15's =]

After Quentin's actions on here and his blatant disrespect for his customers I would have no interest in an Ethos.  He's in it for one thing only and that is not the consumer.  I've also seen an inordinate number of failures with his drivers, I am not jumping to conclusion saying it is the driver but just stating that it is noticeable.

If things on here didnt work out between him and SSA thats one thing but from what I saw he did nothing on here but try his best to explain every detail of his subs, kippel results, graphs, etc and was extremely helpful to anyone. More so than anyone else I have seen, he even would help design enclosures for his customers. So this statement in my opinion is very false!

Still looking for ideas :-)   2 15's and amp for around $900 or so.  Less than $900 would be good though.. Gotta save some money for the box

Edited by Thekid5678

After Quentin's actions on here and his blatant disrespect for his customers I would have no interest in an Ethos. He's in it for one thing only and that is not the consumer. I've also seen an inordinate number of failures with his drivers, I am not jumping to conclusion saying it is the driver but just stating that it is noticeable.

If things on here didnt work out between him and SSA thats one thing but from what I saw he did nothing on here but try his best to explain every detail of his subs, kippel results, graphs, etc and was extremely helpful to anyone. More so than anyone else I have seen, he even would help design enclosures for his customers. So this statement in my opinion is very false!

http://www.soundsolutionsaudio.com/forum/topic/63109-dss-section-guidelines-for-members-and-moderators/#entry1089800

Still looking for ideas :-) 2 15's and amp for around $900 or so. Less than $900 would be good though.. Gotta save some money for the box

http://store.soundsolutionsaudio.com/products/sound-qubed-q1-3500d-1-amplifier.html

http://store.soundsolutionsaudio.com/products/gcon-15-sound-solutions-audio-15-750w-gcon-series-subwoofer.html

Still looking for ideas :-) 2 15's and amp for around $900 or so. Less than $900 would be good though.. Gotta save some money for the box

http://store.soundsolutionsaudio.com/products/sound-qubed-q1-3500d-1-amplifier.html

http://store.soundsolutionsaudio.com/products/gcon-15-sound-solutions-audio-15-750w-gcon-series-subwoofer.html

Thats around $1400.   Too much for my budget