Thekid5678

In search of new Sub, Please help

After Quentin's actions on here and his blatant disrespect for his customers I would have no interest in an Ethos. He's in it for one thing only and that is not the consumer. I've also seen an inordinate number of failures with his drivers, I am not jumping to conclusion saying it is the driver but just stating that it is noticeable.

If things on here didnt work out between him and SSA thats one thing but from what I saw he did nothing on here but try his best to explain every detail of his subs, kippel results, graphs, etc and was extremely helpful to anyone. More so than anyone else I have seen, he even would help design enclosures for his customers. So this statement in my opinion is very false!
http://www.soundsolutionsaudio.com/forum/topic/63109-dss-section-guidelines-for-members-and-moderators/#entry1089800

"In here I am GOD" cant believe he actually said that lol

What would your alls opinion be on 2 NVX VCW 15's  2 Sundown SA 15's  or 2 Soundqubed HDS315's? 

Which pair would have the cleanest sound, while still being able to get nasty and cause some decent flex on the xterra?

Still looking for ideas :-) 2 15's and amp for around $900 or so. Less than $900 would be good though.. Gotta save some money for the box

http://store.soundsolutionsaudio.com/products/sound-qubed-q1-3500d-1-amplifier.html

http://store.soundsolutionsaudio.com/products/gcon-15-sound-solutions-audio-15-750w-gcon-series-subwoofer.html

Thats around $1400. Too much for my budget

Didn't realize I posted the 3500.1, the 1200.1 will be plenty for a pair of GCONS

After Quentin's actions on here and his blatant disrespect for his customers I would have no interest in an Ethos.  He's in it for one thing only and that is not the consumer.  I've also seen an inordinate number of failures with his drivers, I am not jumping to conclusion saying it is the driver but just stating that it is noticeable.

If things on here didnt work out between him and SSA thats one thing but from what I saw he did nothing on here but try his best to explain every detail of his subs, kippel results, graphs, etc and was extremely helpful to anyone. More so than anyone else I have seen, he even would help design enclosures for his customers. So this statement in my opinion is very false!

You are misrepresenting my commments. He was/is very eager to edit comments, hide information and proved over and over again that making a sale was more important to him than providing the right information. It is really too bad since he had a lot more on topic intelligence than most suppliers. Sucks when someone hope can be an asset turns into another Ant or Ben Milne.

Well guys, an ad popped up on Craigslist tonight.  And needless to say, I am now the proud owner of 2 Sundown Sa 15's  They are less than a month old and aren't even broken in yet.  Snagged the pair for $300.00.   Now then, the guy gave me the enclosure that he had them in, but it simply does not fit in my xterra lol.   With that being said, I need some help getting box/port dimensions. I will provide a picture of the type or box I would like,  and here are the dimensions I have to work with. 40" Wide 37" Deep and 25" Tall..

Here are a couple pictures. 

http://i1217.photobucket.com/albums/dd393/JoeDurkham/mrdbottom.jpg

http://i609.photobucket.com/albums/tt179/john253a/asasdasdasd.png

The second photo is well within my dimensions, and was on a forum post for 2 Sa 15's a couple years ago.    The question is, should I stick with those measurements?  Or is there something else that you all would recommend?

Keep in mind, I want this setup to get low and nasty, but still have a good range.

Thanks in advance

~Tyler. 

Edit:  Here were all the dimensions for that box
Enclosure Specifications:

External Height = 20 in
External Width = 36 in
External Depth = 31 in

Port Width = 28 in
Port Height = 4 in

Cut Sheet List:

* All Dimensions in Inches.
* Wood Thickness is 3/4 for all Parts.

External Enclosure Parts:

2 x Top & Bottom (3 parts) = 36 x 31

Left & Right Sides = 29 1/2 x 17 3/4

Front & Back = 36 x 17 3/4

L Port Internal Assembly Parts:

Front to Back = 22 1/4 x 29 1/2

Port Left Side Assembly:
22 1/4 x 4
Port Right Side Assembly:
22 1/4 x 4

Edited by Thekid5678

After Quentin's actions on here and his blatant disrespect for his customers I would have no interest in an Ethos. He's in it for one thing only and that is not the consumer. I've also seen an inordinate number of failures with his drivers, I am not jumping to conclusion saying it is the driver but just stating that it is noticeable.

http://www.soundsolutionsaudio.com/forum/topic/63109-dss-section-guidelines-for-members-and-moderators/#entry1089800

Looks to me like that statement was supposed to be funny?

Looks to me like that statement was supposed to be funny?
Maybe, I don't know

Guys I don't know what you are going on about, but can you please keep it out of my thread?

Well, Hooked everything up and tuned the amp.   The box that the guy sold with the subs is tuned too high for my liking, and I will be building a new one tomorrow.    

Here is a short demo video.  Will shoot another video tomorrow when I get done with the new box. It should be tuned to around 31-32 Hz

Edited by Thekid5678

One other thing.  Do any of you know where I can locate a bass knob my Sae-1200d?  I am having a really tough time finding one. Also, will any sundown bass knob work?

One other thing. Do any of you know where I can locate a bass knob my Sae-1200d? I am having a really tough time finding one. Also, will any sundown bass knob work?

Pac 1 and call it a day

One other thing. Do any of you know where I can locate a bass knob my Sae-1200d? I am having a really tough time finding one. Also, will any sundown bass knob work?

Pac 1 and call it a day

Either I'm too tired, or your post doesn't make any sense lol.

Screenshot_2015-05-01-04-26-24_zpskw0wiz

Yea, stopped by my local car audio shop today and picked one up.   Thank you!   Box is just about done.. Will post a video as soon as i get it done

You picked up a pac lc1 or the sundown one

Ok, well there was a big Cruise for cancer car show, so I havent been home to post.    But im kind of bummed out on my box. it came out to 7.5cubes and is tuned around 32hz.   What bums me out, is I still cant good bass below around 35hz, which completely confuses me.  anything 35hz and higher hits hard as hell, and takes your breath away. Also, no matter how I tune the amp and tweak the head unit settings, it seems like something just doesnt sound right. It's almost like there is distortion, but its not distorting. It's really hard to explain, and would almost have to be heard in person to understand what I am talking about.   Now here is my question, could my cheap super entry level head unit be causing the "distorted" sounding bass? 

SUPER doubtful. Bad setup though could.

Need more information on everything to help now.

Amp settings, head unit settings, equimpent etc.

Head unit settings are as follows. Sub level set at +7 (goes up to 8) sub woofer lpf 55hz ( has 55,85,120hz settings) pro eq settings (jvc head unit) bass 100 Hz and level set at -6, bass q 1.25. Middle 1.5khz level +1 q1.0. Amp settings are as follows. Gain set 3/4 of the way up. Sub sonic some where around 25hz. Phase switch is on 0. Bass eq setting at 0. Cross over almost all the way down. Subs are 2 sundown sa 15 dual 4s wired down to 1 ohm. If you need any more info, just ask. Edit: amp is a sundown sae-1200d

Edited by Thekid5678

This is really getting depressing. Just got home from a desolate area trying to tune things.   No matter what I try, I cannot get loud without it sounding terrible. I don't know if it's distortion or what.   Any bass heads in or around central Missouri?

Im in saint joseph mo

Are you familiar with box building and such?and if so would you want to meetup somewhere this week and see if you can diagnose what is wrong?

I build all my own box but get all the specs from guys on here...meeting up depends on how far you live from saint joseph....pm me