Sign in to follow this  
ohio45113

Dvd bypass 2011 f350

Do you guys know how i can simply bypass the safety feature for the dvd so it will play while driving ? On most units you just geound the parking brake wire but from what I've read online this wont work? Its the factory dvd nav system. Any help would be great. Thanks

Edited by ohio45113

Maybe the factory is smarter than just the ground trick... Never heard of this =[

Nav-tv has a module to do video in motion in that truck, not cheap though

I seen that.. I thought that someone on here may have a trick or something i haven't heard or thought of.. I was thinking maybe instead of useing the the parking brake maybe they used the transmission or a speed sensor? I would try the ground wire but it only plays while the truck is in park with the break on or off..

I seen that.. I thought that someone on here may have a trick or something i haven't heard or thought of.. I was thinking maybe instead of useing the the parking brake maybe they used the transmission or a speed sensor? I would try the ground wire but it only plays while the truck is in park with the break on or off..

It's a little more complicated than that with an OE system, it obtains the info through the vehicle's CAN bus data. The system knows everything, if it's in park, if the park brake is on, and if the vehicle is in motion and what speed. It is not a simple work around like an aftermarket unit, you need to manipulate the vechile data at the BCM

I bought a micro bypass for my pioneer double din. Grounding that green wire doesn't work on my deck. No idea for your application

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00A9AQPUU/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?qid=1429493564&sr=8-1&keywords=micro+bypassπ=AC_SY200_QL40&dpPl=1&dpID=51%2B50XJAJOL&ref=plSrch

I bought a micro bypass for my pioneer double din. Grounding that green wire doesn't work on my deck. No idea for your application

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00A9AQPUU/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?qid=1429493564&sr=8-1&keywords=micro+bypassπ=AC_SY200_QL40&dpPl=1&dpID=51%2B50XJAJOL&ref=plSrch

that is for an aftermarket radio, the stock unit does not have a "park brake wire". The info is fed to the radio via data

that is for an aftermarket radio, the stock unit does not have a "park brake wire". The info is fed to the radio via data

Yeah i went ahead and decided to try a lockpick.