Travis Card

Possible to do 6-8 Fi Audio Ssd18s in a 4th order??

Running 4 Fi audio ssd 18s at the moment and now I'm trying to decide and get ideas if possible to run 6 or 8 in my 99 tahoe. Any insight would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Yes.

Thanks for the reply 95honda. Any insight on box design? Been running a lot through my head for doing all 8 like I'd like but unsure because they call for such air space.

It was kind of a general question.  

You'll need to model with your maximum dimensions as a fixed value to see if you can make your design goals.

It's not the same as what you're planning, but I always thought it would be slick to have eight 18's sealed on a buncha power eq'd flat from 15-75.

:)

Any pics of current build OP?

As of now (until I tore if all out) running 4 fiaudio ssd 18s, skar 4500, 4 deep cycle batteries, mech man 320 alt, pioneer 5a head unit, a bunch of 0gauge , custom ground bar. Going to 2 mech man 320 ,8 group 31s ,8 18s, 2 skar 4500s strapped, and wanting to wall /4th order style it all. Starting thinking clam style or something but trying to get ideas abut what would be the best for these subs and most efficient. And of course loudest.

It's not the same as what you're planning, but I always thought it would be slick to have eight 18's sealed on a buncha power eq'd flat from 15-75.

smile.png

I think the enclosure you're searching for is a well built parallel 6th ;P

smile.png

I think the enclosure you're searching for is a well built parallel 6th ;P

Just a recklessly large "sq" build xD

I love clamshells, might just be my favorite enclosure style.

smile.png

Sounds like what Jonathan Price had in his tahoe, except he had 10 18's sealed. 

OP-  JP is now running 8 18's in a 4th order bandpass.  Check out his youtube channel for build pic videos.  some guy in TX built it for him.  So yes it is possible.  

here it is- skip to 6:20 for for his build pics.

Alot hate on him for not building his own stuff, and being arrogant, but I met him at SBN and was by far the easiest guy to talk to there.(partly due to he doesn't compete.  the guys who are competing are so busy).  He'll tell you he pays to have his built, because he don't have the talent or time to build something on that level, and I respect that.  

Edited by Leedogg

I own a 99 Yukon and you can fit 8 18's. I was originally gonna do 8 18's but the decided 6 would be louder cause I could build a higher ratio, and I'll have more room for amps and batts.