cehmke

Baltimore Riots

What are your opinions on the Baltimore riots and the events surrounding the death of Freddie Gray?

I am just blocks away and pass those spots on the news every morning on my way into the office.

I am just blocks away and pass those spots on the news every morning on my way into the office.

See anything suspicious in the last few days ?

For there to be equality in race one must expect and act like there is equality. Creating physical harm to another in any modern society does the opposite of this. Bringing notice of any unjustice is justified and obviously needs to happen, but should be done with civility. If this was a suicide (perhaps of stupidity) and not police aggression matters not to what is wrong with the reaction, but of course paints a bigger picture of idiocy for those involved.

Bunch of retards...

Criminally minded people displaying criminal behavior, nothing too surprising.  

Just imagine what it will be like when the zombie apocalypse comes and these people no longer have their lives supported by the government.  Thats going to be an interesting time.

Dont agree with the rioting and looting but find it funny nobody makes a big deal when its for nothing like a professional team winning a championship. But too each their own I guess.

The rioters after the games are just as bad.  A lot of people made that a big deal, but mainstream media doesn't look at it that way.

It's a big deal to everybody because they are ignorant.  They make it a race matter.

At the end of the day a guy is dead because of something that happened in police custody.  Nobody knows what happened, but someone F'd up...  To make it a race matter is asinine, 2X as many white people have died while involved with police...

Oh yeah, and how do you end up in police custody anyway???  Everyone forgets about that part...

I remember the Kelowna Regatta riots back in the 80's , I was tear gassed and watched a bunch of retards

smash windows and flip cars over on Bernard Avenue , Regatta was cancelled after a 40 or 50 year run

so they moved it over 30 miles to Penticton and had a Riot at PeachFest

Take in mind the second Regatta Riot and the Peachfest Riot were both planned by out of towners

that all showed up for that one purpose...to wreck shit

there were  assholes from Alberta that were selling rocks to throw at the cops.......

I have no respect for assholes that behave in such a manor and if it were my choice I would end

everyone involved.....the world doesn't need these people anyways.....

There is without a doubt, some law enforcement officers who are racist, but not nearly as many as what a lot of these people are thinking. Weeding out the bad policemen is a good idea but law enforcement will never be totally uncorrupt. I still maintain the position that it all starts with the parents. Parents need to punish there kids with a good beating instead of taking away a cell phone or internet, and parents of kids who are bullied need to teach their kids to stand up for themselves so they do not grow up and want to get a badge just to bully people because they were bullied as kids.

The rioters after the games are just as bad. A lot of people made that a big deal, but mainstream media doesn't look at it that way.

It's a big deal to everybody because they are ignorant. They make it a race matter.

At the end of the day a guy is dead because of something that happened in police custody. Nobody knows what happened, but someone F'd up... To make it a race matter is asinine, 2X as many white people have died while involved with police...

Oh yeah, and how do you end up in police custody anyway??? Everyone forgets about that part...

I'm here to play the devil's advocate and correct cnn's blatant disregard for the whole picture, yes blacks account for only half as many deaths by police than whites. But when you take into perspective that whites account for 63 % of the population vs blacks at a lowly 12%. So doing the math 1 in 160869 people were black vs 1 in 495000 were white. Now I've rounded down so these aren't exactly on point but you get the General idea.

The rioters after the games are just as bad. A lot of people made that a big deal, but mainstream media doesn't look at it that way.

It's a big deal to everybody because they are ignorant. They make it a race matter.

At the end of the day a guy is dead because of something that happened in police custody. Nobody knows what happened, but someone F'd up... To make it a race matter is asinine, 2X as many white people have died while involved with police...

Oh yeah, and how do you end up in police custody anyway??? Everyone forgets about that part...

I'm here to play the devil's advocate and correct cnn's blatant disregard for the whole picture, yes blacks account for only half as many deaths by police than whites. But when you take into perspective that whites account for 63 % of the population vs blacks at a lowly 12%. So doing the math 1 in 160869 people were black vs 1 in 495000 were white. Now I've rounded down so these aren't exactly on point but you get the General idea.

I think it has to do with how well the people are educated. Plus how well is the media educated?

Man the north must be lily white then.  Cuz down here in the south, it has to be alot higher percentage of blacks to whites.  I mean 20 yrs ago when I was in high school we were 35% or more black. not counting other minorities.

And now a days- I try not to watch the news.  I don't believe any of them(newscasters)report without some sort of slant.  But in the end- I don't believe any sort of rioting where all you are doing it tearing down the town and/or looting is exceptable.  It you are that mad- go to war with the police, and see how well you fair.

Edited by Leedogg

I was thinking this exact thing when CNN was talking about it .. good observation

The rioters after the games are just as bad.  A lot of people made that a big deal, but mainstream media doesn't look at it that way.

It's a big deal to everybody because they are ignorant.  They make it a race matter.

At the end of the day a guy is dead because of something that happened in police custody.  Nobody knows what happened, but someone F'd up...  To make it a race matter is asinine, 2X as many white people have died while involved with police...

Oh yeah, and how do you end up in police custody anyway???  Everyone forgets about that part...

That's a pretty shitty mentality because the fact is whether or not you're in custody for something you actually committed is irrelevant. Officers of the law are bound to follow the law and that includes certain procedures regardless of their feelings.

The "if you're in custody than you're asking for it" card does not exist because innocent people are put into police custody on a daily basis. If takes almost zero effort for a complete stranger from across the world to cause someone else to be put into custody, that alone is reason enough that all people put into custody be treated to the protocols they have in place for such.

I'm not here to bash police, but you're naivety is unsettling.

Edited by ssh

Did I ever say anything about deserving anything from the police or saying you deserve to be treated bad in custody?

Life is about choices and just about everything that happens to you is due to something you made a choice about, one way or another.  

My life isn't vanilla.  I've lived in 9 countries.  I have worked with police on and off for 18 years.  I am not naive...  I've seen people shot and killed that weren't much out of arms reach.  I just based my views off of what I have learned to do (and not to do) over the years...

But this is Off-Topic, so I can say this.  Most people on this board disagree with me when it comes to being in charge of your own actions/life...  It is OK to disagree, but to call it a "shitty mentality" is unsettling...

Not really keeping up with this much,but I did hear on the radio on the way to work that they was another prisoner in the van that was divided by a wall..So of course he could not see the one that was injured ,but gave a statement that he heard the individual banging all around raising hell so they are questioning if it was self inflicted idk..

I avoid getting abused by the police by not doing illegal things..

I don't think you can break your own neck very easily...

I don't think you can break your own neck very easily...

True enough,,But if you are doing stupid shit in a automobile no telling what could happen..And I also have wondered if the other prisoner is trying to get brownie points from the police for his statement..

I was reading earlier today that he did not say the guy was banging head...  Contradicting the earlier report(s)...  Who knows...

What does population percentage have to do with incarceration percentage? Cite the wrong stat much? You could also probably type cast the ones who have trouble in that situation by the crime they did too, but don't look at pertinent stats.

Either way, the problem at hand is two things that both should be repaired. There is no reason to treat anyone poorly. EVER. I don't care what they did or whatever, just treatment is a right in this country.

The other is the idiocy that leads to rioting. Those dipshits should be jailed/fined hard as that is completely unacceptable.

What does population percentage have to do with incarceration percentage? Cite the wrong stat much? You could also probably type cast the ones who have trouble in that situation by the crime they did too, but don't look at pertinent stats.

Either way, the problem at hand is two things that both should be repaired. There is no reason to treat anyone poorly. EVER. I don't care what they did or whatever, just treatment is a right in this country.

The other is the idiocy that leads to rioting. Those dipshits should be jailed/fined hard as that is completely unacceptable.

I think he is trying to say that the percentage of white people are arrested in higher numbers because there are far more in the country to be arrested, but per say 10,000 people of each race, there are more black people arrested.

There is no reason to treat people poorly but again, there are always people who think they are above the law and can get away with things because they wear a badge.

I don't know why, but when a serious riot starts, police tend to back off and only arrest a fraction of the people involved, instead of taking the "shoot now, ask questions later" approach that has been storming the media lately.