Z71FarmTag

Car Audio Shop

I will be down in Dallas, Tx in a couple of weeks.  Are there any shops some of you from the Dallas area would suggest?  Looking at subs, amps, and speakers.

B&M shops aren't worth a shit anywhere

Mobile Sound Systems in Arlington, Tx on S. Cooper St.

Edited by jay-cee

Any reason you feel this way?

J

Well I guess the real question is how far are you willing to travel, just saying the Dallas area can be kinda vague. Im in Arlington, less than 20-25 minutes from downtown Dallas.

If i were you i would just look and ask questions and if you see something you like go home and order it online. You will save a ton of money and have some sort of idea what your actually getting.

Any reason you feel this way?

J

have you been to one lately? Since about 1998 I haven't met an educated employee yet.

Just anywhere in the Dallas area.  I'll have a few hours to kill one day while my wife is at the spa.  I'm just wanting to go see what some of the shops carry, listen to different stuff, and talk.  Then, yes I would order it online if I feel so compelled.

If i were you i would just look and ask questions and if you see something you like go home and order it online. You will save a ton of money and have some sort of idea what your actually getting.

No wonder the good shops are closing down/closed down.

They pay for the rent, and having things in stock, you ask for their advice and then order it off the internet...

Personally I'd go to the spa with the wife.

Only used my local shop for a little meter time,before and after deadening an maybe a fuse purchase.

They told me they never heard of my SSA sub's,long story short..FI doesnt build sub's,,that Atomic audio builds all of FI products! They said!!!! Lol

The part that is sad is that most noobs that come on here and ask questions would be much better served by a B&M store....but the stores forgot what their job was. Probably because the average consumer is so confused and stupid they had to switch, but either way it is sad. In the early 90's there were tons of great stores everywhere.

Personally I'd go to the spa with the wife.

After the way I felt this morning, I may do that.  She wants me to go to the spa with her pretty regularly, but the thought of it is weird.

Weird? Massage is not weird, but fuckin' awesome. I just wish the pricing was similar here as it is in Asia then I'd go every week if not more.

No wonder the good shops are closing down/closed down.

They pay for the rent, and having things in stock, you ask for their advice and then order it off the internet...

You go spend $1500 on some fosgate p1s and a 500 watt amp.

He's just saying you use somebody else business to shop at and then screw them and go on the internet. If you owned a store would you like that.

He's just saying you use somebody else business to shop at and then screw them and go on the internet. If you owned a store would you like that.

90% of shops are out to screw you over. A guy i know went to a local shop to have a box built for 2 12s. $700. Had a guy at work go to the same shop and came back woth 2 10 fusion subs and a fusuion amp. Prefab box and 8 guage wiring. $900. The only way i would feel bad about doing what i said is if there were a decent shop reasonably priced. And like /m5 said I've yet to see a educated employee.

90% of shops are out to screw you over. A guy i know went to a local shop to have a box built for 2 12s. $700. Had a guy at work go to the same shop and came back woth 2 10 fusion subs and a fusuion amp. Prefab box and 8 guage wiring. $900. The only way i would feel bad about doing what i said is if there were a decent shop reasonably priced. And like /m5 said I've yet to see a educated employee.

That's the owners fault for not educating them. They couldn't afford to pay employee's a decent wage and still be profitable.

Edited by pmureika

The internet has also killed profitability which of course makes the employee's worse. Hard to pay someone a bunch with no margin.

The internet has also killed profitability which of course makes the employee's worse. Hard to pay someone a bunch with no margin.

It would be nice to hear more people's opinion on this subject.smile.png

I personally wouldn't mind paying a little extra just for the have it right now factor. I've bought a ton of smalls from audio shops. Distribution blocks, fuse blocks, wire and stuff like that. I can't be paying double for a subwoofer or an enclosure. It seems to me that most audio shops make their money from remote start installation and window tinting.

I've spent WAY more money at shops than online, but the trend is flipping

I've spent WAY more money at shops than online, but the trend is flipping

I buy most of my stuff off of the internet and not just stereo.

I really appreciate all the input here, but I'm looking for a shop/s in Dallas that carry brands outside the norm.

All my lical shops sell kicker of rockford fosegate for $$$$$$$$ so I go online