antoinez28

odd numbers vs even numbers

Would odd numbers sound better than even numbers or louder

1 vs 2

3 vs 4

5 vs 6

I no cone area plays apart but if all was on the same amp...what would the out come be.

What did you just say

No difference whatsoever but impedance loads are odd when using odd numbers

What did you just say

I'm rollin, your comment was the first thing I've read this morning rofl

Nah, it's purely cosmetics and personal preference. I've always been a sucker for those triple twelve angled sealed boxes, but other than that, I like evens.

Edited by SpeakerBoy

All in the install! Don't see where a x amount of sub's would have anything to do with sounding good. 2 sub's in the right box can sound better/louder in the right enclosure than 4 four in a shitty one!

Car audio is install dependent, plain and simple.

with my balls.

More seriously, the question should be somewhat moot from the get go. Every situation is different and ALL are easy to model so if you know your car, power potential at certain loads, you can figure it out rather easily.

I had 3 12"s that did not net half the output of 2 12"s with 3/4 of the power...All in the build.. Cabin gain can be your best friend in a install and cancelation can be you worst enemy.

I had 3 12"s that did not net half the output of 2 12"s with 3/4 of the power...All in the build.. Cabin gain can be your best friend in a install and cancelation can be you worst enemy.

great point but how do you find your cabin gain point and other than flex what causes cancelation?

great point but how do you find your cabin gain point and other than flex what causes cancelation?

Read up...They are many factors..

http://www.caraudio-forum.com/forum/topic/20006-cabin-gain/

Thanks for the link.

Thanks for the good info, I have noticed so many different sounds while turning my box in the truck. Up fire, to rear fire and foward firing.it seems up firing works best in my particular vehicle

Huh?