ILuvJDM

I would like input on my amplifier wiring restrictions

So here is my setup in the back of my crew cab:

IMAG1922_zpsw1wi0u4n.jpg

You can follow the blue 4ga OFC and see the power inputs for the amp. My question is in regards to the ground. Right now the 100.4 (on the left) is grounded to the bolt you can see through the carpet almost under that amp. The 1000D is not hooked up yet, but I don't really think a run of 4ga to that same bolt is a good enough ground. Do you guys agree? I was originally planning to put a bolt through the floor right under the 1000D and ground both there, but the fuel tank is directly below that amp. I have 4ga OFC as well as some spare 1/0 CCA.

Here are the options I see:

A) Get a 1/0 to 4ga reducer for the ground input and run 1/0 CCA to that same ground bolt I'm already using.

B) use a bolt on the back wall instead of the floor and run both to that, which would make the sub amp run like 10" or less.

The idea here is to make the ground for the 1000D as short as possible for the power it pulls, and the 100.4 can be longer than the sub amp since I'm only using around 50w on my front passive components.. Correct?

Here is the bolt on the back wall under the sub amp I was referring to in option B

IMAG1943_zpsabixge4x.jpg

And here is the current ground for the 100.4

IMAG1944_zpszyudfrlg.jpg

What does said bolt go to?

Both are just factory bolt studs that either held spare tire tools or held the plastics in place. I would like to use a bolt through the body, but couldn't find a good place to put it since the fuel tank is right under the sub amp

I would just use a distribution block. Well at least thats what i do. Lol you would laugh if you seen my ground. Tail light bolt. Ftw! Been that way for 2 years. No issues yet.

I would ground the amps to a distribution block and run several large grounds off that to the frame in one spot. You want a single good ground to avoid noise in the system.

At least this is my opinion.. others may have different opinions..

Yeah that's my issue is I want both to be grounded at the same point. I'll look into a distribution block, but would a 18" run of 1/0 CCA be enough to ground the amp?

Yeah that's my issue is I want both to be grounded at the same point. I'll look into a distribution block, but would a 18" run of 1/0 CCA be enough to ground the amp?

I think your over thinking it man. Just grab a distribution block and try it. Should be fine.

Wire from the block should go to something that is directly metal on metal to your frame though. Easy to get to in that truck...

I think your over thinking it man. Just grab a distribution block and try it. Should be fine.

What I meant was a slightly longer run of 1/0 should be as good as a short 4ga ground.

The distribution block I want is sold out on Knuconceptz, damn. I might just run a 1/0 ground for now then buy the distro block when they're back in stock.

I'll check some local audio shops and see if anyone has that, looks perfect.