Zane Loucks

my Sundown build!

I have a sundown scv-4000 amp, wired at one ohm.

The sub's are 12" Zv4's sitting in a 4 cubic ft box, tuned at 40hz but loudest at 48hz.

I have a 300 amp alternator wired with the big 3. All the wires 1\0 gauge.

I have one Xs d3100 battery.

Door speakers are 6 " Morels components.

Rear deck are 6x9's morel components.

Head unit is pioneer DEH-08prs.

Vehical is 2002 KIA spectra ls. The KIA has Mojo Mat in the interior and trunk double lined on head liner.

The doors are done inside and outer side. The system is hitting 141.1 on the DB's. The amp has been tuned if that makes sense? I have a few pics more to follow.

post-55062-0-65519800-1433973691_thumb.j

Voltage regulator. I don't run it that high. Just to show for kicks

Low score for 2 12s on 4k. What's your voltage drop to? Could be the car though.

Edited by khinds94

Low score for 2 12s on 4k. What's your voltage drop to? Could be the car though.

Yea for sure got alot more in that system

Going by the sound shop to figure it out. Wondering if only one battery was enough? Thinking of doing a 12" team sundown on 4 order? Any thoughts on that? But first I have to figure voltage drop?

Thanks for the reply!

I would get what you have loud first before just buying more subs. You cant just throw something in a car and expect the best. Its all about the install. Also look around and search for threads with tips on spl gaining: enclosure placement, seat forward or back, glove compartment open, sunvisors down etc.

We have been working on seats foward, visors down and the sort of thing. I gain only a half DB with seats forward. I will let you know on total voltage drop later. I am thinking the box is not at its full potential. The shop talked about experimenting with different box's. Might try a small cube box with a big pysko port? So voltage drop check first, then box experiment second.

Sounds good man, keep us posted.

No voltage drop. I am going to build a better box, the problem has something to with the rise. Was not sure what he was talking about? So that is latest?

No voltage drop. I am going to build a better box, the problem has something to with the rise. Was not sure what he was talking about? So that is latest?

You seen no voltage drop at all? Or is that what a shop said. . Seems unlikely there is not any. . I would be carefull messing with a shop

Looking into buying another car, so going to pull the system in the next week or so. Then go from there. Thanks for all the help and advice.

We have been working on seats foward, visors down and the sort of thing. I gain only a half DB with seats forward. I will let you know on total voltage drop later. I am thinking the box is not at its full potential. The shop talked about experimenting with different box's. Might try a small cube box with a big pysko port? So voltage drop check first, then box experiment second.

Have you tried to fire your subs at the plate?

Going by the sound shop to figure it out. Wondering if only one battery was enough? Thinking of doing a 12" team sundown on 4 order? Any thoughts on that? But first I have to figure voltage drop?

Thanks for the reply!

You already have a 4th order.  Exactly what your box is

No such thing as rise.  Impedance has a curve that includes up & down, always has always will.

Whomever is guiding you or whatever you are reading has you confused.  Tuned as high as you are you should be a lot louder.  I'd suspect something is goofy in your setup.  I'd start looking at everything all over again.

Well I am pulling the system out until the get another car hopefully a kia serento 4wd. I keep you informed.

Well so much has happened since the last post. Had some serious medical issues. Things seem ok now, dwindled what savings I have had for the new car which was going to be 06 Kia Sorrento 4wd. Anyway after putting the system back in the car, then competition again found the issue? My fault of course. I was wired at two ohms. I pushed only 141.2 @ 1336 watts, still took second place in street trunk 4k and a second place in DB drag in the 129.99 class. So after I had the shop rewire the the two 12 zv4's. Much more bass. I have competition Saturday August 8. Maybe on Friday I will go in and see if I can set the amp for maximum DB's with no distortion? Then I can get what's its hitting for sure.

That's why we tell people double check everything even sub wiring even if they argue its correct. Problems in car audio are usually small things overlooked. Glad you got it figured out. I wouldnt run that amp daily at .5 ohms but it should be good for comps.

Its wired at 1 ohm. Got fuse block issues, seems connection was loose. But hitting 144.4 @ 3016 watts. Room for improvement.

Yeah, thats alot of power considering people were hitting 150db 2 decades ago on less then 10% that power. Id start with a new box imo

Its wired at 1 ohm. Got fuse block issues, seems connection was loose. But hitting 144.4 @ 3016 watts. Room for improvement.

How did you have them wired at 2 and now at 1 ?

You probaby either had it at 4 and now 1 or 2 and now .5