SPLChris

long winded trunk question/enclosure shape

So my game plan is to do 2 twelves facing front with port facing driver side rear fender area.  The box width is going to be just wide enough to accommodate the subs so a little more than 25" but would it be better to have the height about the same as the subs or would it matter, in terms of SPL?  If it's around 13.5" (internal height 12") then I wouldn't be able to stack the 4" aeros.  If it's 15" then I can stack them but to me, I feel as though the more streamlined shape of the other box would allow for higher SPL.  The taller enclosure would be shorter on depth too, obvioulsy.  I could also just be thinking about this way too much but whatever

So my game plan is to do 2 twelves facing front with port facing driver side rear fender area.

Why do you feel that is the best approach?  The rest of your questions are less important than the one you didn't ask.

So my game plan is to do 2 twelves facing front with port facing driver side rear fender area.

Why do you feel that is the best approach? The rest of your questions are less important than the one you didn't ask.

This is why myself as well as other followers are shying away from this site, this gives absolutly zero help for peole with the amount of knowledge they have at this moment (no offense to op)... Might as well call you Mr Condecendin

Why do you feel that is the best approach? The rest of your questions are less important than the one you didn't ask.
This is why myself as well as other followers are shying away from this site, this gives absolutly zero help for peole with the amount of knowledge they have at this moment (no offense to op)... Might as well call you Mr Condecendin

This

This

What do you mean by this? That almost nobody can understand what he said?

When someone quotes another member's post and respond with "This", it means they agree with said post.

When someone quotes another member's post and respond with "This", it means they agree with said post.

Thanks for the explanation.:)

M5 is helping op indirectly but some people have a hard time seeing it. You learn a lot from this site and if you can't take the help then you shouldn't be here.

Thanks for the explanation.:)

I'm glad he could "help" you out.

M5 is helping op indirectly but some people have a hard time seeing it. You learn a lot from this site and if you can't take the help then you shouldn't be here.

I bet you don't even dd1 bro

I'm sorry you feel that way.  In this case the OP was chasing details and forgot to start with the big picture.  Regrettably that isn't unusual and even worse most forums cater towards letting people make bad decisions in particular if it helps sell products.

You do realize this is also written.  When text is written you have the choice to take something as condescending.  In my case, I wanted the OP to rethink the first portion of his install and to make sure that was the right choice before going after the other questions.  Nothing negative about my response.  I started with a question.  It's his car, he may very well have some information I don't have.  The second phrase is a clarification stating what he asked is premature and we should address what he didn't ask first.

There is no judgement in my post above.  If you read it that way then you obviously have some predetermined notion that if you would disregard you'd see my posts differently.  I surely won't hoot up and hop on some boneriffic brand following or encourage someone to buy something useless like the DD1, but I will hopefully encourage them to think.  If whomever posts doesn't want to think then surely they won't like my responses, but that only they can help.

Edited by Penguin4x4