Sign in to follow this  
doug118

Looking for FI N3 info. Anything and everything needed

I'm buying a pair of FI N3's and can't find any info on them as far as enclosure size or any specs in general. Can't search since it's 4 letter minimum search so any info on them will be greatly appreciated. I'm undecided on wether they will be built into 15's or 18's, depending on how much box volume they require. Thanks guys

I'm buying a pair of FI N3's and can't find any info on them as far as enclosure size or any specs in general. Can't search since it's 4 letter minimum search so any info on them will be greatly appreciated. I'm undecided on wether they will be built into 15's or 18's, depending on how much box volume they require. Thanks guys

Do yourself a favor and buy something else. I had a 12 inch n3 and tried like 5 different boxes trying to get what i wanted from it. It's not musical at all but if your looking to just burp them then carry on. I also couldn't find crap about box specs or anything and still haven't. I also couldn't keep the damn dust cap on the thing either.

You can use google to search the site, it doesn't have any 4 letter requirements.

Just go to goole and type in "site:www.soundsolutionsaudio.com" before your search, for example you could search for FI N3 like this:

"site:www.soundsolutionsaudio.com FI N3"  This will make google just search this website.  Don't include the quotation marks. 

:+1: Good info man, I never knew that searching tip.

Get off my forum doug lol

To the guy saying N3's aren't musical, sir you need to learn how to build an enclosure a little better. 

The N3's I ran we're amazingly musical, played down into the 20hz range with ease, while going up to the 50Hz range just as easily. 

I use 6 cubes per 18" in my wall and they did great. If you have the room, 18"s for sure. 

Was just posting my experience with them that i had. It's like every other sub. Some people like and have good luck with them and some peoole hate and have bad luck with them

Edited by ohio45113

it's all about the box guys.. if you want musical cut down on box volume, tune on the lower end and experiment with box placement. If it's a wall a top port flattens out the response a ton In my experience. Sure you lose efficiency but ususlly it's worth it for the average person for that extra range.

To the guy saying N3's aren't musical, sir you need to learn how to build an enclosure a little better. 

The N3's I ran we're amazingly musical, played down into the 20hz range with ease, while going up to the 50Hz range just as easily. 

I use 6 cubes per 18" in my wall and they did great. If you have the room, 18"s for sure. 

I have more than enough room for 18's. I have them playing in my truck now as 15's in 4 cubes each and hate them. I'm going to build a 6 cube box and see what that gets me. If they still suck, I'll cut them up and turn them into 18's but I can't find anyone to build me recones since I don't have the exact gap measurements

I have more than enough room for 18's. I have them playing in my truck now as 15's in 4 cubes each and hate them. I'm going to build a 6 cube box and see what that gets me. If they still suck, I'll cut them up and turn them into 18's but I can't find anyone to build me recones since I don't have the exact gap measurements

Why not just order the n3 recones

With all the horror stories I've heard about FI turn around times, I'd rather spend a little more money elsewhere

With all the horror stories I've heard about FI turn around times, I'd rather spend a little more money elsewhere

If the original recone exists, why go elsewhere ?

I would't use a non Fi recone for a Fi sub. You only have to order, no mesurements needed !

They took 3 weeks to build my N2 recone. That is fair.

Do you know these stories are true? Go with Fi and get it done right the first time.smile.png

Why don't you contact Fi and see how long it would be?

Edited by pmureika

If the original recone exists, why go elsewhere ?

I would't use a non Fi recone for a Fi sub. You only have to order, no mesurements needed !

They took 3 weeks to build my N2 recone. That is fair.

I'm using non FI softparts now and the subs are awesome. I just need to rebuild them into 18's. I've seen them take over 3 months with no response on paid recones

Do you know these stories are true? Go with Fi and get it done right the first time.smile.png

Why don't you contact Fi and see how long it would be?

Yes I know these stories are true because a friend of mine is a die hard FI guy and has waited anywhere from 2 weeks to 2 months for a recone

You said you hate them a few posts ago. Then you just said there awesome. . What if its the soft parts your using making you not like how they sound