Dale Long

How long did you wait for your last ssa sub order?

Sorry if this is in the wrong section, but its the only one where I see it fit.

But anyway, I've been waiting since May 3rd for my two 12" SSA Xcons, order status has been at "awaiting shipment" every since then. It is now june 16th, and I feel like driving to the build house in Nevada and helping them build my xcons in order to speed up the process lol.

I have been emailing SSA often (sorry to the guys at SSA if I've been a little aggravating lol I've just been very excited to hear these subs) and all they can tell me is "you will have them shortly".

Just wondering, for you guys that have maybe placed SSA subwoofer orders either late April, or early May, have you recieve a tracking number yet? Maybe this will give me some type of clue as to when mine might be shipped out.

Going on vacation on july 2nd, hoping I could have these subs at least by then :/

Iv waited from 3 weeks to just iver 2 months. . . . I bet by late this month or early next month you will have it

Iv waited from 3 weeks to just iver 2 months. . . . I bet by late this month or early next month you will have it

Over 2 months :/, that's what I'm fearing. Yes hopefully they will, but its not looking to good right now lol

One thing about it- you'll prolly have your favorite subs ever.  Love my xcon!  So much so that I had one, sold it, then realized how good it was- so I bought another.  I've since ran Incriminator Death row, and Tantric HDD's, and the Xcon is still my favorite.

I live in Canada and I usually get mine about a month after ordering ..... 

Yeah I'm pretty sure it will be worth the wait, I just didn't want to suffer a 12 hour vacation drive without bass lol. I wish I would have ordered these a few months prior to when I did.

They do their best. But this is competition season so things can get backed up. 

You will also never find more honest owners than SSA! 

Edited by pmureika

waited at least 45 business days, twice. (two Xcon 15")

But well worth the wait!

Sorry if this is in the wrong section, but its the only one where I see it fit.

But anyway, I've been waiting since May 3rd for my two 12" SSA Xcons, order status has been at "awaiting shipment" every since then. It is now june 16th, and I feel like driving to the build house in Nevada and helping them build my xcons in order to speed up the process lol.

I have been emailing SSA often (sorry to the guys at SSA if I've been a little aggravating lol I've just been very excited to hear these subs) and all they can tell me is "you will have them shortly".

Just wondering, for you guys that have maybe placed SSA subwoofer orders either late April, or early May, have you recieve a tracking number yet? Maybe this will give me some type of clue as to when mine might be shipped out.

Going on vacation on july 2nd, hoping I could have these subs at least by then :/

Thanks for your order.  I fully understand the excitement to get the new subs.  The mass majority of the year, the average lead time is a little under the stated 21 business days.  But there are peak load times where we just overload the build house with the order queue.  This is why we now have Dcon's and Gcon's in standing inventory.  The other aspect is that the SSA subs are made to order in the USA, which means small man power to keep the overall pricing competitive.  The build house is going at max capacity right now and we will update your order status asap. :)

They will get it done eventually and you won't regret it.:)

I agree, ssa and fi subs are worth the wait, hopefully youll get it for your road trip tho.

Just thought I would update you guys, I was notified on an order status change today via email, my Xcons have shipped out, tracking says they will be here thursday (literally 2 days before I leave for vacation)! wooo!! I can't wait

post-55067-0-45356800-1435732227_thumb.j

Quick question though, I recently installed a 240 amp alternator, do you think that the OEM single run of 0 guage power wire that is running from my alternator to the batteries in the trunk can temporarily support the 240 amp alternator for about a week until I come back from vacation and have a chance to install my second run of 0 guage wire? I heard that about 20 feet of copper 0 guage wire can only handle 175 amps... So I am worried

I have already upgrade the grounds (engine --> chassis) and (battery --> chassis), I just never had the chance to upgrade the positive wire.

And for what it is worth, the oem alternator that was feeding off of the oem 0 guage wire was 150 amps.

Edited by 013137

Quick question though, I recently installed a 240 amp alternator, do you think that the OEM single run of 0 guage power wire that is running from my alternator to the batteries in the trunk can temporarily support the 240 amp alternator for about a week until I come back from vacation and have a chance to install my second run of 0 guage wire? I heard that about 20 feet of copper 0 guage wire can only handle 175 amps... So I am worried

I have already upgrade the grounds (engine --> chassis) and (battery --> chassis), I just never had the chance to upgrade the positive wire.

And for what it is worth, the oem alternator that was feeding off of the oem 0 guage wire was 150 amps.

I run a single run of 1/0 and a singer 250 amp alt. No issues so far? I'm not saying that's the right thing to do but it works fine for me.

If you're worried then don't play it till you have the proper electrical. If you have a volt meter, pay attention to that and don't go crazy on the volume till you get another run of wire.

Yeah I went ahead and installed the second run of 0 guage just in case.

Got the subs installed and tuned, I am very impressed! Let me know what you guys think:

Nice looking box!