Dale Long

Looking for a high power 2ohm monoblock

Whats going on guys, I'm facing a little dilemma. About a month ago I ordered two SSA Xcon 12's, I was planning on running them on my Audiopipe APCL3000 monoblock, but from what I hear these things are comfortable at a little above their rated power handling (1750 rms each), so I decided that I was going to only used the Audiopipe 3000 to break the subs in, then I will be upgrading to a bigger amp (maybe a 4000-5000 watt monoblock).

I ordered my subs at DVC 2ohm so that I could wire them both in series up to 4ohm, then wire the subs together in parallel to give my Audiopipe amp a 2 ohm load, because that's where its stable and makes its power at.

But now I can't find anyone who makes a 4000-5000 watt monoblock that makes all of its power at a 2 ohm ohm impedance, most make their's at 1ohm.

I know that I can buy a 7k watt or so amp, that will make around my target power at 2 ohm, but that doesnt seem to be the most cost effective route being that an amp of that size will cost way over my budget.

My budget is under 1,000. Let me know what you guys recommend, thanks in advance.

How bout 2 1500's and 1 ohm each....The Soundqubed 1200.1 pushed my 18 nicely....my Skar 1500 is slightly better.   I would consider 2 Crescendo S1500's.

Hmm, I didn't think of that, but two 1500's will give me around the same power that I'm currently pushing, which two 2500 or so watt amps can I used that will fit my budget?

I say get two twisted sounds 1.8k and wire them 1ohm each they do over rated power and are 325.00 each

He could also strap the two together and get 3.6kw @ 2 ohms. That way you would only have to set the gain,ssf,crossover etc. on one amp. Instead of doing each separate.

You could do the same thing with two crescendos. That would give you 4.4kw @ 2 ohms.

Are you going to be competing? Those subs will sound great on a 3 kw Audiopipe amp.

You won't get much louder going to 4 kw unless you are competing and are looking for spl numbers.

These are your sub wiring options.http://www.the12volt.com/caraudio/woofer_configurations.asp?Q=2&I=22#results

Edited by pmureika

No I do not compete, just wanting to make sure that my bass keeps up with my vocals. For vocals I have (4) PRV 10mr1000's + (2) PRV 8mr600's all on about 2500 watts rms.

So you think going from 3k rms to about 4k-5k wont be worth it to the ear? I don't care what the car meters, I will never meter it.

No I do not compete, just wanting to make sure that my bass keeps up with my vocals. For vocals I have (4) PRV 10mr1000's + (2) PRV 8mr600's all on about 2500 watts rms.

So you think going from 3k rms to about 4k-5k wont be worth it to the ear? I don't care what the car meters, I will never meter it.

For the money no. Those xcons will get plenty loud on 3 kw of power. What kind of car?

Are 12" the biggest you can fit?

We need some others to chime in with their opinions.

Edited by pmureika

2000 BMW 540i

Here's the system:

-Pioneer 80prs

-Clarion eqs746

-Lanzar opti 700x2

-Lanzar opti 250x4

-Audiopipe APCL3000

-(1) XS power AGM D3100 + (2) 105lb 145 ah AGM batteries in the spare tire well

-240 alt watercooled alternator

Had CSCustoms build me a 5.5 cu ft enclosure tuned to 33hz.

Okay, so I guess I can save some money and stick with this AP3000, I was just making sure that it will push these Xcons fine being that I'm giving them under rated.

And yes, the dual 12's is all that I can fit, the proper enclosure for them swallowed all of my trunk space, if I would have went with bigger subs I wouldnt have been able to fit the proper enclosure.post-55067-0-90258000-1434549013_thumb.jpost-55067-0-81454000-1434549070_thumb.j

Edited by 013137

2000 BMW 540i

Here's the system:

-Pioneer 80prs

-Clarion eqs746

-Lanzar opti 700x2

-Lanzar opti 250x4

-Audiopipe APCL3000

-(1) XS power AGM D3100 + (2) 105lb 145 ah AGM batteries in the spare tire well

-240 alt watercooled alternator

Had CSCustoms build me a 5.5 cu ft enclosure tuned to 33hz.

Okay, so I guess I can save some money and stick with this AP3000, I was just making sure that it will push these Xcons fine being that I'm giving them under rated.

All you can do is try it and see what you think.:)

Whats going on guys, I'm facing a little dilemma. About a month ago I ordered two SSA Xcon 12's, I was planning on running them on my Audiopipe APCL3000 monoblock, but from what I hear these things are comfortable at a little above their rated power handling (1750 rms each), so I decided that I was going to only used the Audiopipe 3000 to break the subs in, then I will be upgrading to a bigger amp (maybe a 4000-5000 watt monoblock).

I ordered my subs at DVC 2ohm so that I could wire them both in series up to 4ohm, then wire the subs together in parallel to give my Audiopipe amp a 2 ohm load, because that's where its stable and makes its power at.

But now I can't find anyone who makes a 4000-5000 watt monoblock that makes all of its power at a 2 ohm ohm impedance, most make their's at 1ohm.

I know that I can buy a 7k watt or so amp, that will make around my target power at 2 ohm, but that doesnt seem to be the most cost effective route being that an amp of that size will cost way over my budget.

My budget is under 1,000. Let me know what you guys recommend, thanks in advance.

(2) d2 sub's in series =2ohms

(2)d2 sub's in parallel= .5ohms

http://www.the12volt.com/caraudio/woofer_configurations.asp?Q=2&I=22#results

lol yeah guys I know how to wire speakers, I just figured that wiring at half ohm would be too much strain on an amp and my electrical system, 2ohm won't be as harsh. My Audiopipe isn't 1/2 ohm stable.

lol yeah guys I know how to wire speakers, I just figured that wiring at half ohm would be too much strain on an amp and my electrical system, 2ohm won't be as harsh. My Audiopipe isn't 1/2 ohm stable.

Okay. lol

What's your opinion on the power?

I would just stick with the audiopipe for now . Them xcons will get pretty dam loud on that power.

I would just stick with the audiopipe for now . Them xcons will get pretty dam loud on that power.

x2

I miss read what you where saying,I thought I read you where put them both series for a final 4ohm or change them both over to parallel for a 2ohm Edited by garychurch84

My bad- I also misread.  If the Audiopipe does rated(or fairly close) at 2 ohms(I was assuming 3000w at 1 ohm), it should drive the more than adequately.  You'll be surprised what 1200-1500 watts will do with the xcons.

Yup lol I meant wire the coils in series, then wire the subs together in parallel.

Well thanks guys, I will stick with the Audiopipe 3k, can't wait to see what these Xcons can do!