SpeakerBoy

Speakerboy's new Whip

Just scooped a '98 Mountaineer this morning. Has the 5.0, it's AWD; feels good to be off the shoelace express :D

Plans are a singer 240a, some royal excelene, a juicebox 20ah under the hood,

Three SI mag v3 12's sealed (amp undecided), silver flute 8's in the doors, and hlcd's under the dash on a PPI 900.4.

Doors first, but intend to fully dampen the cabin, mlv, ccf, cld, and foam.

Want to sniff out an 80prs and snag a minidsp also. I'm so geeked.

IMAG0598_zps77930b16.jpg

Edited by SpeakerBoy

:woot: like the list of equipment. I was actually going to do that same exact setup for my frontstage as well, speakers and amp. Why sealed on the substage? Edited by jay-cee

:woot: like the list of equipment. I was actually going to do that same exact setup for my frontstage as well, speakers and amp. Why sealed on the substage?

I thought this would be an excellent opportunity to try my hand at an SQ build with a little beef on the low end :) . I'll probably return to the dark side eventually, but truthfully my older brother had three Memphis twelves sealed when I was back in highschool and it was one of my favorite sounding systems to date. It dropped low with authority, great on it all, and got plenty loud for a daily. With triple the power he had on subs, i'm sure it'll make me happy for quite some time. With the price of the mags, I'm sold really.

No reason for sealed to try sq, but your plans are a gazillion miles better than when you first joined

Glad to see progress. 

I also remember when you first joined lol

Nice ride, don't crash this one.lol

Nice ride, don't crash this one.lol

Knew someone would say it lollll

If I frequently have passengers, would a set of silver flutes in the rear doors be beneficial or can I focus on beefy front doors and still have it sound clean in the rear? I know my blazer doors were inaudible from the front lol

I'd have my rears on a switch for when I'm riding alone.

WASTE of money EVEN if YOU sit in the backseat

Plenty of space in your door for a ported pa mid. Will murder the skin flutes

WASTE of money EVEN if YOU sit in the backseat

Music to my... Err... Wallet =]

X'D

Any recommendations for brands to seek out and audition? Never owned any pa style drivers before, unless my horns count.

X'D

Any recommendations for brands to seek out and audition? Never owned any pa style drivers before, unless my horns count.

how much space can you have tuned to around 70ish Hz?

X'D

how much space can you have tuned to around 70ish Hz?
I haven't opened my doors yet, I'll have a better idea once I order some deadening and pop em off. I don't mind a 1-1.5 cube pod tops, I have the pocket in the door I can fab over. Edited by SpeakerBoy

Nice ride and plans! 

IMAG0618_zpseda5face.jpg

IMAG0619_zpsd3e2a475.jpg

Just a little something to listen to while I'm working on the rest of the install =]

Edited by SpeakerBoy

IMAG0618_zpseda5face.jpg

IMAG0619_zpsd3e2a475.jpg

Just a little something to listen to while I'm working on the rest of the install =]

Nice how does it sound?

IMAG0618_zpseda5face.jpg

IMAG0619_zpsd3e2a475.jpg

Nice how does it sound?

Picked them up an hour ago lol

Brought them inside til I wire up the truck, threw them on a 500rms plate amp, and I'm in love. Nice and flat, everything I throw at em sounds so musical.

IMAG0618_zpseda5face.jpg

IMAG0619_zpsd3e2a475.jpg

Nice how does it sound?

Brought them inside til I wire up the truck, threw them on a 500rms plate amp, and I'm in love. Nice and flat, everything I throw at em sounds so musical.

I have one 10" gcon running on 400 wrms.:)

IMAG0618_zpseda5face.jpg

IMAG0619_zpsd3e2a475.jpg

Nice how does it sound?

I have one 10" gcon running on 400 wrms.:)

I'm actually starting to consider some SSA's instead of the mag v3's, my neighbor is having me build a box for his icon in a few weeks, can't wait to hear one in person finally.

IMAG0618_zpseda5face.jpg

IMAG0619_zpsd3e2a475.jpg

Nice how does it sound?

I have one 10" gcon running on 400 wrms.smile.png

I'm actually starting to consider some SSA's instead of the mag v3's, my neighbor is having me build a box for his icon in a few weeks, can't wait to hear one in person finally.

The Icon is a great sub. It will sound great in the right box.

I love SSA, but the v3 Mag is my all time favorite sealed driver.  I miss mine in a bad way!