jbeez

Big Ben current consumption

I noticed that the big ben amp calls for a 400A fuse, however it only has single 1/0 input terminals, that seems like its pushing it a little. Considering a fuse of 400A could sustain likely more current for much longer than music typically peaks. Most other amps I see with a single input were using between 200A and 300A fuses. Were you having issues with the amp blowing lower rated fuses?

Since I typically fuse my 1/0 runs with a 300A ANL fuse, I was just going to use that and see if it pops, but if you think it will blow that out of the water I'll save the fuse and order something bigger.

Start out with the 300a and if somehow you blow it. Then maybe get dual inputs and run 200a on each wire, just my .02

How do you like your "Mike" amp?

I ordered a Barbara Ann and a Big Ben to replace my RF800a4 and c2k 9.0XD.  I was just outside now taking measurements on my amp board and im trying to figure out how I'll lay those out, the Big Ben is a big longer than my current amp so I need to account for that by moving some wiring, also my zapco takes a balanced in from a zapco line driver ill prob just use rca in on the big ben so I have a bunch of stupid little BS stuff to move around

I can't even comment on the performance of the amp as it's been sitting since I bought it. But love the look of it.

You are correct, the proper fuse rating is 300A,

By the way, Big Ben and Nick are now in stock

US Acoustics

You are correct, the proper fuse rating is 300A,

By the way, Big Ben and Nick are now in stock

US Acoustics

Great! I can't wait to get it smile.png

Do you happen to have a PDF copy of the manual available for download?

Thanks,

-Jerry

Yes Jerry, just send me your e-mail address

US Acoustics

PM Sent, thanks!

Your order was updated with tracking for your new amps!

awesome, where are those shipping out of? Did they actually send them to you guys or drop shipping?

awesome, where are those shipping out of? Did they actually send them to you guys or drop shipping?

Since you ordered the first Big Ben, (before we have any for inventory since they just arrived) they are being drop shipped direct from California.

you guys should fix your fuse rating for big ben from 400A to 300A on your product page for it, as US Acoustics said that was a typo @400 :)

you guys should fix your fuse rating for big ben from 400A to 300A on your product page for it, as US Acoustics said that was a typo @400 smile.png

The US Acoustics site has it at 400, but if Mike says to change it to 300, done. :)