Sign in to follow this  
jbeez

How does the big ben bass knob behave

Is it more like a gain or a bass boost attenuation?  I presently use the level control for my sub out of my DSP which works really well, but I was thinking about having the big ben knob assembly up front at least for the clip light, not sure yet.  If it works like a level control I might be able to use that in place of my dsp control but not likely.

No use in using it for the clip light. They are usually way off

it is an attenuation device.  Max on the bass knob is going to be like not have the knob hooked up.(IE whatever your gains are set at)  turning the bass knob down, lowers the volume.

hope that makes sense.

Thanks LeeDogg, that does make sense. I prefer this style over the bass boost style as I find that useless.  I'll have to do some testing.  I just got my amp in last night, and from preliminary testing this morning with a +3db gain overlap to be conservative.... thing thing is a beast. Super happy with it so far

Install pix!

I am really digging the US Acoustics amps.  if I didn't already have my Crescendo amp-  I'd be very tempted to run theirs.

Like Aaron said- we love pictures.

Here are a few pics from this weekend.  https://goo.gl/photos/XA48WrREBjzeEcfW7

I have a few holes in my amp rack because the big ben was so big I had to relocate some of my fuses, I wanted them down closer to the battery bank anyway so its all good. Maybe one day I'll rip that amp rack out and recarpet it or find another way to plug those holes up on the sly.

Nice work, especially on the battery bank.

Nice work, especially on the battery bank.

Thanks, my arseho never squeezes quite as tight as when I'm turning the wrenches to tighten down the wires on those toolmaker blocks about 2" apart from each other LOL. As I was working on that area I was constantly covering everything with shop rags just for a little extra peace of mind, one slip and I don't even wanna know what would happen to my face.

The box isn't finished, in the process of building a false floor over it, once im done with all the fitment of that stuff I'll cover the portion in the pictures with CF style tolvex covering from partsexpress but the false floor will have a screening material in the middle, a panel to cover the screen, and the whole thing will be flat in charcoal carpet.

https://goo.gl/photos/9UwTs5S7x7u8gUv29 how thats coming so far.

I want to replace those individual fuse holders down in the battery area with a nice toolmaker clear mirrored block like this one 

I think these look great. I'm just trying to figure out if I want set screw version like this, or ring lug version which I think would be a little easier for me to hook up given the tight space.  Aluminum vs Copper, and 3 vs 4 hookins. Not sure if I should plan on the future of possibly needing another wire going upto that amp for power and using a 2 to 1 adapter at the input. I have way too many decisions to make about something thats already working fine :P

btw, best tool I've bought yet, $40 12-16ton hydraulic crimper with dies, 50mm die crimps all my 1/0 and 2/0 ringlugs and I use some nice anchor thick wall adhesive lined shrink, those connects are so solid. If you're wiring anything and you don't have one of these you're wasting your time IMO