Sign in to follow this  
ToAsTyMoNkEy

Kicker Warhorse with dual15" FI install 2014 F350

Hey Guys I have a few questions with a new stereo install on my 2014 F350 super duty crew cab. I currently have 2 phoenix Gold D2 12's with a Phoenix gold elite.1 amp. The subs output 1600 RMS each and the custom box build is at 34hz. I have custom cut my door panels to fit 5 1/2" focal speakers and tweets using 1/4" MDF. The back seat is a 60/40 split bench and the backrest all the way across has been removed to accommodate the sub box into the cab to provide more room. I have installed 100% dynamat into the 4 doors, the roof and the back panel. I have two AGM batteries under the hood that operate the diesel truck. There is also two factory alternators that will now be getting the big 3 for each.

I have been collecting new equipment over the last couple months to start the new upgrade. I have a new Kicker Warhorse amp, 2 mechman alternators, 6 additional Diehard Platinum AGM batteries and lots of misc. 350 amp fuse boxes, wire, hardware etc. I plan to remove the backseat completely now to make room for the new box to host two 15" FI subs. I have made some rough sketches of a box build 4.25 cubes @ 32hz. I would love to get some thoughts what you guys would do in my case, I have no intentions of doing competitions with the truck but I plan to play loud and hard daily driver. I have been reviewing the FI subs and I'm about to make the order. Any suggestions? I plan to throw some money at the system and I need a little help so the money is well spent and the job is done well. I believe I will also need to upgrade all of the door speakers again or add to what I have. The 2014 truck is hard to work with because I have to keep my factory Navigation, there is no dash install kit or wire harness available yet to have an aftermarket stereo with the SYNC system. I have connected a 4 channel amp in the past to the door speakers but since the stock deck is delivering a digital input with low amperage the door speakers were blowing up! I disconnected the amp and bought new door speakers after that happened. Now I have a new Kicker 1000.5 IQ class amp that needs hooked up and it's supposed to deaden the current from the factory head unit. right now I'm using the factory head unit power and factory amp to power my doors and tweets. 

Thanks for your time and your thoughts 

I wouldn't do two 15''s in 4.25 cubes, that the size for a dual 12" enclosure. Subs in too small of an enclosure will not perform like the subs in their correct airspace.

Edited by jay-cee

Yes, 4.25 each. I have quite a bit of space with the entire rear seat removed.that is subtracted wood thickness, slot port for each and subwoofer installed

What model Fi sub you want to use with the Warhorse ?

2 Team Fi, I guess.

Show us some pics. We love pics, here !  :-)