Bam bam

Wiring 8 ohm Pro Audio speakers

I have 10-8 inch and 6-10 inch PRV audio speakers. I have Taramps HD8000 2ohm running all 16 speakers.

My question is will I get better performance from all 16 speakers if I separate the 8's and 10's to different amps?

It does get reasonable but in my opinion I have heard smaller systems get louder with less power.

It'd be best if you ran all the same size speaker...or at least chose reasonable sizes to run different frequency ranges.

That being said the worst thing you could do is run two different drivers to the same channel of an amplifier without designing an in situ passive crossover to make it work.

Isn't that HD8000 a mono subwoofer amp? You don't even have stereo channel (Left/Right) separation. It can't begin to sound right let alone work as expected.

Isn't that HD8000 a mono subwoofer amp? You don't even have stereo channel (Left/Right) separation. It can't begin to sound right let alone work as expected.r

You are right Alton.

http://techzoneus.com/product/hd-8000

I would start over or take a step or two back. You probably have cancellation among other things. More is not always better. But if you are only worried about making noise and being loud then you are on the right path.

Like stated before you need another amp, I would never run my mids on a mono amp. More information about your build would help as well as pictures.

Edited by jay-cee

nothing about this speaker and amplifier combination makes any sense to me

I read some where he has something like 10 super tweeters in that set up.

Not sure what amplifier power he has on it.

Is this a show vehicle or a musical vehicle?

Edited by SpeakerBoy

With the equipment he has just for the front stage should answer your question, more than likely a show or demo vehicle.

With the equipment he has just for the front stage should answer your question, more than likely a show or demo vehicle.

Well yeah, but from the way he posts I wasn't sure o.O