tac2137

REWIRED speakers Back to Headunite/ Speakers dont work now.

So about 4 months ago i bought Two Pioneer TS-d1720c Speakers and i had them wired directly to my headunit, They worked great but everyone told me to buy an aftermarket amp and they will sound a lot better. So about a month later i decided to buy the Alpine MRV-F300 amp to wire my speakers too. I got everything hooked up to the new amp but for some reason i felt like my speakers sound better when they were wired to the headunite instead of the new amp

( //Example// I felt like my bass coming from my speakers sounded a lot fuller when they were wired to my headunite. When i had them wired to my aftermarket amp, The bass was kinda flat)

. I asked 100 questions on a few other audio forums on what could be the problem and even posted exactly how i had everything wired including my placement of the ground wire and how everything was connected to the headunite and battery. Everyone told me it was wired correctly from what they could see and read on the manuals for both the headunite and amp. No one could help me anymore after that. Here we are about 4 months later and i just got a weird feeling and decided to check my wiring again to my amp. I noticed at the bottom of my Amp, there was a lot of corrosion. I decided to just say hell with it and rewire my speakers back to the headunite. My problem now is my Headunite turns on and plays my CD but nothing comes out of the speakers now. I remembered to wire the remote back to the stock amp to my car as well. Any ideas? I just don't really understand why my stock amp in my car worked fine before and now that i rewired it back, It doesn't work.

Did you put the speakers back on the stock factory wiring?

What model is you headunit? Some headunits have a setting to turn off the units internal amp so that

when you have an amp running them the speaker wires aren't energized.

Did you put the speakers back on the stock factory wiring?

Yes.

What model is you headunit? Some headunits have a setting to turn off the units internal amp so that

when you have an amp running them the speaker wires aren't energized.

I have the Alpine cde-134hd

Stock speakers don't need to play bass anyways.

J

Stock speakers don't need to play bass anyways.

J

I understand where you are coming from, but like I said, I installed aftermarket door speakers and What little bass was coming from them sounded a lot better when I had them wired to the stock amp instead of the aftermarket amp

What is the "stock" amp?

No way, no how should anything sound better than with an aftermarket amp. My guess is there some funky processing on the stock unit....but we don't know what you have.

What is the "stock" amp?

No way, no how should anything sound better than with an aftermarket amp. My guess is there some funky processing on the stock unit....but we don't know what you have.

I agree, I feel like I had something wired wrong or had the gain and or crossover tuned wrong. But once I saw the corrosion I just decided to go back to stock. What I mean by that is instead of having my speakers wired to the Alpine amp I just wired them back to the stock speaker wires that are connected to he headunite.

My headunite is the Alpine cde-134hd and my Aftermarket Amp that has the corrosion on it now is the Alpine mrv-f300

Something is amiss, that headunits built in amp is garbage compared to that amp.

Corrosion is a sign of moisture. Sounds like you have a leak in your car.

J

Something is amiss, that headunits built in amp is garbage compared to that amp.

So I should get a new headunite? I was wanting one anyways.

I figured it out. I did have to go through my headunit settings and turn on the internal amp. Thanks for the help!

Edited by tac2137

I figured it out. I did have to go through my headunit settings and turn on the internal amp. Thanks for the help!

Glad you figured that out :) I had that happen once and took me a few minutes to realize it,

Id upgrade to a different amp because it sounds like either some settings on the amp were wrong

or your amp has some issues. post a pic of the side of the amp where all the settings are and we can see if

something is amiss.

Glad you figured that out smile.png I had that happen once and took me a few minutes to realize it,

Id upgrade to a different amp because it sounds like either some settings on the amp were wrong

or your amp has some issues. post a pic of the side of the amp where all the settings are and we can see if

something is amiss.

I have those same speakers and they sound good on a U. S. Acoustics Barbara Ann amp 100 wrms per channel pushing them.