Sign in to follow this  
Fonzi

2008 Tacoma Build - Zed, ID, RE

First and foremost thanks a million to Nem who set me up with an awesome Zed Lev and answered all of my questions I had. I finally got a finished build that I'm pretty happy with. Maybe a few more things to do down the road but that's to be seen. Sorry for the large pictures.

My work is pretty shoddy, especially with that ensolite foam but it works well.Everything sounds great, this is my first build that I dont have a massive amount of space to work with. All of this tucks away nicely behind the rear seat.

Build Consisted of

Alpine CDE-W265BT

Zed Leviathan

RE Audio XXX 6.5 Comps

ID 10" IDQ v.4 woofer

Knuconceptz wiring

Stinger RCA's

Raamat inside Front doors on all 3 areas of metal and Ensolite Foam over the Deadener

eu30edN.jpg

eu30edN.jpg

eazAq1b.jpg

CmGDyaq.jpg

N3KIcOK.jpg

lHTUIBv.jpg

th7mznt.jpg

Edited by Fonzi

Nice, glad to see this build log. 

I am always here to help. :)

Thanks! I finally got around to getting some holes drilled and cleared up the wiring a little bit.

I have one problem that I need to look at, ever since installing everything the FM Radio on my HU is horrible, I get tons of static on my local stations that used to be crystal clear. I need to check and see if I have an interference problem with the RCA's or maybe I need a better grounding off the HU.

Nice install.  :)  Looks clean.

OMG! It's so effing RED! My eyes! :P 

Cool build. Sweet and simple. How's it sound?

Yeah lots of red! Sounds great actually, the Zed pushes the RE's really well and I'm surprised at how good they actually sound. Bass is adequate, it wont push you out of the truck but it works for what I have to work with.

I like those kind of instal : nice equipments, super clean, much room left, light,... It's a win !

Congratulations.

Very Nice!  I have 2 sets of the XXX's for whatever I build next.  Glad to hear you like them.   Haven't heard much about ID lately, used to like their subs back around 94.  this post made me look them up.  The recones are sweet...no glue to mess with.  bet it sounds awesome.

It sounds really good. I had 2 real options with subs and the box I have. The IDQ was one of the few 10" subs that had a shallow mounting depth and worked well in a small enclosure while still being able to take a fair amount of power. I could fit a shallow mount 12" but the only one that looked really interesting was the Stereo Integrity but they were out of them for good until the new design comes out. I also have no experience with the shallow mount subs, so I dont know if I would be loosing anything with it.

I sure wouldn't call that a shoddy install. You did a good job of laying it out, putting in the work where it matters, and it shows. I'm certain it sounds as good as it looks and with this kind and much work under your belt it and your future builds will only get better.