pmureika

Samsung smart phones

What is the best one to get for round 200 dollars? I have a samsung light right now thru Metro PCS.

Why Samsung?

That all I ever have had.

I don't like i phones.

Plus I like they gave the google apps. pre installed.

I am open for better suggestions.

Edited by pmureika

If you're on a budget the Moto G is a pretty nice phone for the price ~180 and is probably the best budget friendly unlocked phone out there. If you wanted used, try looking on Swappa.com I've bought 4-5 phones on there with great luck and at great prices.

If you're on a budget the Moto G is a pretty nice phone for the price ~180 and is probably the best budget friendly unlocked phone out there. If you wanted used, try looking on Swappa.com I've bought 4-5 phones on there with great luck and at great prices.

What carriers do they use?

What carriers do they use?

Its unlocked https://www.motorola.com/us/products/moto-g

I can recommend any of the HTC m8 or newer. Fantastic phones. Should find deals on swappa or similar places.

Thanks guys I appreciate your input. 

HTC has always served me a little better than Samsung, but then again the last Sammy was my S3

IPhones are good when you need something simple and consistent.

My HTC One m8 was my favorite phone that I've had.

Edited by SpeakerBoy

That's only if you are tied down to andriod.

Windows phones are usually faster at the same pricepoint.

That's only if you are tied down to andriod.

Windows phones are usually faster at the same pricepoint.

I am tied to android software.

If the Windows phone finally actually was Windows I'd be interested. Bastardizing both for the other however drives me nuts.

If the Windows phone finally actually was Windows I'd be interested. Bastardizing both for the other however drives me nuts.

Hopefully in less then a year we will see that.

I can tell you what phone NOT to get....

I recently got a Samsung S6 Edge for both my wife and I

at first I thought they were awesome until I started traveling or work , between cities the cell reception

was almost non existant as well as a weak signal in any building I entered

the video chat quality was really bad , my wife and I eventually gave up on even trying because of the

crappy picture quality and being constantly kicked off while the phone searched for a network

..it was basically useless as a wifi hotspot too for both the laptop and xbox

I also had to resend many texts that would go un delivered even with 3 or 4 network bars

I had the Samsungs for almost 2 weeks and took them back , traded them in for iPhone 6's

everything works flawless on these things....very happy

Samsung interface sucks IMO as well. I also bought an S6, traded it for an LG G4. The Apple phone sucks worse than the Samsung IMO though.

Samsung interface sucks IMO as well. I also bought an S6, traded it for an LG G4. The Apple phone sucks worse than the Samsung IMO though.

i loved using my Samsung phones but I am very hard on phones and had them in for warranty work almost as much as when they were working,

things like charging ports wearing out, random crashing etc, all three I had in a 3 year period went away so many times they replaced them and didnt make it close to 2 years even with the replacement. My Nexus 4 was my last android and I went and got an Iphone 5s, ive had it for almost 2 years and have never once had an issue or had to send it in. I miss the Android sometimes but got sick of phones dying on me.

Sister has had exactly the opposite experience....imagine that

The only problem I have had with my samsung is it locks up once in awhile. 

Then to restart it I have to pull the battery out and reinstall it then start it back up.