bluedreamz

Anybody running the new Mayhems?

I'm looking at getting a Mayhem 12 just curious if anybody's tried these. I was told he uses a triple stack BTL motor. Any good? I've got a sq q1-2200.2d monoblock 2200 rms @ 1 its either the mayhem or a fully loaded bl what do you think?

Both are good subs and either will do the job, really comes down to a coin toss. Nobody can say what will be better or louder as all that is subjective.

The Mayhem is a straight beast !

It's one of the sub I'd like to use, in my life !

I don't think it can compare to the BL, it's not a fair comparison for the BL.

I've listened to a system with 2 BL 12s on a Sundown 3000 : it sounds sooo good ! And it's loud.

The Mayhem is a straight beast !

It's one of the sub I'd like to use, in my life !

I don't think it can compare to the BL, it's not a fair comparison for the BL.

I've listened to a system with 2 BL 12s on a Sundown 3000 : it sounds sooo good ! And it's loud.

I figure the mayhem is about twice the woofer of a BL

Modeling both subwoofers will tell more than guessing, but if you feel that way then it seems like you answered your own question.

I figure the mayhem is about twice the woofer of a BL

Modeling both subwoofers will tell more than guessing, but if you feel that way then it seems like you answered your own question.

Rms rating doesn't tell you how loud a sub will be. It is a thermal rating. You need to model them both like jay-cee said. 

Just put a order for 4 new hems in for a friend back east. Stoked to see them, and hear them. 

Just look at the numbers it will give you some idea of how loud and what it might sound like. Vas, BL all that stuff. 

mayhem was a straight beats lotta control and force behind that sub , i herd they're revamping the AA line with TC TI baskets nice 

On 5/26/2017 at 1:12 PM, bluedreamz said:

mayhem was a straight beats lotta control and force behind that sub , i herd they're revamping the AA line with TC TI baskets nice 

Yup. They are all getting the rad Ti basket. Larger landing for larger spider, all the good stuff. You heard correct, they are already selling them. 

Site has been down it seems like forever, glad to hear they're still around.