Sign in to follow this  
Devyn Heggs

zv3 or x series

i need as much input as possible what sub would u recommend over the other the zv3 or x series 

For what? Why between those two subs? Budget? Goals? among other questions, asking what sub with no other information given is pointless. Help us help you.

for a subwoofer my budget is 800$ my buddey has a dd 3512 and my brother has a type x alpine and also my girlfriends dad has to rockford p3s and they always brag that they will have better subs then me so i really want something that is gonna blow them away the mirror falling down the widows flexing and be herd from a mile away 

and i really want one of those subs so i wanna know peoples oppions on which is gonna put out and hit the hardest 

For that budget why not go with a ZV4 or SSA Evil (on sale well below your budget)

Oh just noticed you are in BC like me.  So a Evil or ZV4 would be a bit over ($920 for a EVIL)

What amp are you running? Electrical? you may be better off going a bit cheaper (IE SSA XCON, Icon,Sundown X series)

And making sure you have adequate power/electrical. Ive had 2x15" Icons and now have 2x12" Xcons and would recommend looking into them (either would be better than the ones you meantime your family having. Or if you just want to get loud SOundqubed have some cheaper options that supposedly get loud but not as known for sound quality like the SSA subs which are loud and very detailed.

I like the SSA Evil on sale suggestion.

One evil would be way better than any sub mentioned. Forsure need the power and electrical for it though

Or you can buy my 2, 15in zcons comes with 2 new extra cones for 800. So I can put my order in for some SSA evils :D

Evils are under 600 right now til the 15th. Also what kind of car are they going in to have an idea how much room you have?

Or you can buy my 2, 15in zcons comes with 2 new extra cones for 800. So I can put my order in for some SSA evils :D

Evils are under 600 right now til the 15th. Also what kind of car are they going in to have an idea how much room you have?

Extra recones or just cones?

the thing is more the rms i have to pay more for the amp right i herd alot of good things about sundown amps i would love to get the zv4 but its out of my budget because the amp would cost more right so the x series is better than the zv3 ?? and would the zv3 blow the 2 rockford p3s and the dd 3512 and the type x out of the water ?

if i were to get the zv3 i would run the scv 2000d 

I think an x and a saz 1500 would be better than the setups your trying to complete with. . . . But whatever you get the enclosure will be the deciding factor. Dont cheap out. Needs to be designed and built for the sub you get. . . . . And also you can get a higher rms sub and underpower it for now and maybe in the future upgrade amps. It dont hurt to run under the rms of a sub

Shit If you were buying new you could get an ssa evil right now and a soundqubed 2200 for around the same or less than a zv3 and sundown 2000 and that would kill them other setups your talking about

nawww man i am not gonna cheap out i am willing to spend up to 3500 on a system how much would a ported box carpeted and custom for the sub how much will that be 

so the x on a 1500 would be good cause i can get a 2000 watt amp or would that be to much for it ? 

No need to overpower a woofer and you wont hear a difference in 500 watts, put that extra cash towards your electrical or the front stage if you plan to upgrade them.

so get 0 gauge wiring what name brand ??? and how much would a custom box be ?? 

and a 1500 watt amp to run the 15 inch x series 

I use knukonceptz.com for all my wiring needs, if on a budget you can get 1/0welding cable for a nice price.

You can check the ssastore as they sell custom boxes and there are even some box builders on this forum. Custom boxes can range anywhere from $150 to $300 or better depending on the builder, labor, skill level etc.

how much is a good wiring kit for the x series ?

and i want a nice box built for my sub so it sounds sexy man 

I gave you sites to go do some research on man, not going to do all the work for you but dont mind helping and getting you started.

http://store.soundsolutionsaudio.com/

http://www.knukonceptz.com/

Edited by jay-cee

There are wiring kits on the ssa store.

sorry man i should of looked thanks for all the help much appreatiated :) i am new to this its gonna be my first sub i want it to be way better than my brothers and my gf dad and my buddey !!

Sign in to follow this