Devyn Heggs

how much power should i run to the ssa x con

Really depends a lot on the enclosure. Ran mine (18 inch xcon) with a crescendo 1500, ~7.6 cubic ft 30hz basically no sub sonic filter. Any more power in this box would have needed an ssf for playing below like 25 hz. If I wasn't playing such low stuff all of the time and or a slightly different box I would have thrown much more at it. 

Edited by afearlesshunter

Please read this thread before posting again and before even thinking about making a new topic/thread. I asked you before but obviously you want to do things your way.

http://www.soundsolutionsaudio.com/forum/topic/13994-attention-noobs/

The company gives a power recommendation but you choose to ignore it, I see recones in your future. Just  because you see videos were people claim to give double the rms or anything foolish like that then you already are worried about the wrong things in car audio. As stated before in your other thread. READ the forum as this question and many others you have asked or are going to ask has been answer. We are here to help but help yourself and do some research. Go throw each section and read threads you find interesting and if you have questions, then come back to us for answers and we will gladly help.

The SSA Xcon doesn't need gobs of power to function.  People have run them on 500 watts to 2500 watts.  It is all on the needs, enclosure, and preferences of the install.

i was gonna run sundown scv 2000d i know it says 1750rms i was just wondering if a little power over it will hurt i am willing to spend 3000 $ u guys have helped me out alot i am now just deciding what sub to get the x series or the xcon !!!

Inaudible difference to overpower but much higher risk of damage. Pretty pointless waste of $$

i was gonna run sundown scv 2000d i know it says 1750rms i was just wondering if a little power over it will hurt i am willing to spend 3000 $ u guys have helped me out alot i am now just deciding what sub to get the x series or the xcon !!!

$3000 for the amp for a single 12" set up, really?

not for a amp i mean for everything like the box amp sub batterys amp kit electrical box all that shit :P so i should just run straight 1750 rms to the sub ? 

so i should just run straight 1750 rms to the sub ? 

No, you should run something dynamic....of course by default you'll have to.

Again, you will NOT hear a difference from 1400 to 1750 so STOP worrying about it.  Buy a real amp, set it up right and let the Xcon do its thing.

Amp for your subs

http://store.soundsolutionsaudio.com/products/us-acoustics-mike-amplifier.html

Amp for your components

http://store.soundsolutionsaudio.com/products/us-acoustics-lisa-4-x-50-watt-amplifier.html

Put the rest of your money towards electrical, deadner, sub and box.

so still the sundown sae 1500d would be fine it wouldnt be underpowering it ?

Yeah the Sundown would be perfect as there is no problem with underpowering a subwoofer.

Edited by jay-cee

I'm running my 10" XCON on a Sundown SAZ-1500Dv1 and have been for a couple years now with no issues and it gets loud enough to make my ears get that tickled feeling.

The 1500 is just fine, no such thing as under powering a sub.

:) :)