germanyt

So I don't mean for this to be a vs thread but..........

I've narrowed my choices down to a few options and since this is a slow process I've had the luxury of changing my mind a dozen times.  In the back of my Focus hatcback I'm planning a single 15 on what will most likely be a 3500-4000 watt Crescendo, Autotek (old school), Ampere, etc and it'll be in what is most likely a 3.7ish net tuned to mid/high 30s. Mostly rock and some rap for daily listening and decaf for demo.  So there are a few subs that seem to fit my application but it's a tough call.  Maybe all would be great but who knows.  I know the SSA Evil will come highly recommended but the DC Lvl5 and AA Team are right there in terms of capability.  Is the SSA being built in the US a deciding factor.  How would you choose?

Ignore my sig btw.  I bought all that stuff years ago and never installed it because I sold that vehicle, then sold it all.  Site won't let me change it atm.

Edited by germanyt

How would you choose if they all had exactly the same capability?

It isn't exactly the case, but it may put some perspective on your choice.  Personally when splitting hairs I would have a tendency to choose whatever I would know I would have the most exposure to the owners with.  

How would you choose if they all had exactly the same capability?

It isn't exactly the case, but it may put some perspective on your choice.  Personally when splitting hairs I would have a tendency to choose whatever I would know I would have the most exposure to the owners with.  

Fair enough.  I just don't want to overlook a brand because I've never personally hear them and don't want to buy an inferior product just because certain people rep them.  Not that any one of these subs are inferior, I'm sure all 3 or great.  it really comes down to who I want to do business with so your last point is a good one.

I understand completely.  I'm getting old though.  Makes me worry a bit less about a dollar here and there in the now, but more how it plays out long term.  I've found that supporting companies/products/forums that support an interest I have makes service and support well beyond anything else.  So much so everything that is important to me I pretty much buy off the internet.  Hell, even the tuner for my car is remote via the net.

I've met and/or spoke to the owners of SSA multiple times.  I'd never hesitate to recommend that they are great people to do business with.  The drivers are pretty sweet as well.

I've had great luck with ssa. They are as good or better than what everyone says. I've never personally owned any of the other options you have listed so i can't comment. I've also had really good luck with Crescendo amps. Other brands I've had good luck with are DSS, soundqubed, and Fi.