cocoleveo7686

slot port vs center port. loading concerns dss ethos

Pros, cons, benefits. Yes i know its gonna be vehicle dependent but looking for people with experience in a trunk car...main concern is loading. Length of port is around 36-38

you can always make the box with two chambers and two ports

DSC02605.jpg

^^^That is sexy.  I have zero knowledge on horn enclosures...but they look so damn crazy.  

OP-  what make you think you'll have loading issues?  I have seem quite a few 'loading' questions lately.  Like it is the new buzz word.  Like 'Clipping' was a couple yrs ago.

He means cause one sub would be closer to the port on an enclosure with port on one side. Like would one sub act different than the other. . Seen it on another forum

^^^^Exactly. Not only seen it other places and in past threads on here but also experienced it first hand. Although I've noticed it seems more prominent when running subs in a smaller than optimal enclosure with limited port area and on big power, of course that's a limited observation since I don't get around nearly as much of this stuff as you guys.

Almost every sub iv built for someone has been port to the side of the subs and I never noticed one sub moving more than the other

Almost every sub iv built for someone has been port to the side of the subs and I never noticed one sub moving more than the other

All my ported boxes so far have been dual sub enclosures with a side slot port.  never noticed an issue...but honestly never spent alot of time watching the subs.  But when I did they seems to be hitting equally.   

I was hoping to learn way to know if it would be an issue, by posing my question.

If you can do center port sealed off firing forward do it