ohio45113

Dss ethos

Beware the deceit he showed towards customers is disgusting.

I havent had any bad dealings with DSS. I havent ran across anyone complaing about DSS either. Stereo Ingerity onthe other hand...

There have been issues with DSS, just because you havent heard doesnt mean their isnt. The main reason why I stopped following the brand and lost interest in their subs. Glad to know about Stereo Integrity because I was considering some Mag 12''s for my little brothers' car and also the HT series for my home audio setup.

Edited by jay-cee

There have been issues with DSS, just because you havent heard doesnt mean their isnt. The main reason why I stopped following the brand and lost interest in their subs. Glad to know about Stereo Integrity because I was considering some Mag 12''s for my little brothers' car and also the HT series for my home audio setup.

I dont think there is any car audio brand that you can not dig up some customer complaints if you search hard enough. My complaints with SI isnt the products but the owner. Although I did have a QC issue with my TM65's I was able to fix them myself.

The Mag V3's re-release are fantastic subs. I had two of them and powered them with a Linear Power 4.1 HVS. For under $200 each I cant imagine a better sub for the money. They got down-right brutal. Compared to the two Ethos 12" sound quality is the same but the Ethos have potential for higher output levels but also cost signifcantly more.

I also used the HT18, in a 4 cube sealed enclsoure. Very good driver for $149 shipped. It certainly has it's limitaions with a 2.5" coil. I have since replaced the HT18 with a Dayton Audio UM18-22. The Dayton has more output and control (sound quality) for ~$100 more. I am using the Dayton in the same enclsoure as the HT18 and the same amp, a Kicker XS100. I am very impressed with not only the sound quality but the output is very good. I'm guessing that I could hit mid 140's at 35-40hz. No too shabby for 1000wrms and a single sub in a relatively small sealed enclosure. The enclosure is built into my spare tire well. I've lost minimal space in the trunk and can still pound that sound. 

Both the Mag V3 re-release and the HT18 are discontinued. I sold my Mag's but still have the HT18 in storage for now. I'd go buy the Dayton UM18-22 :)

DSS has pro

My complaints with SI isnt the products but the owner. 

Problems with the DSS owner and the products.