Notorious97200

Going active this time : how to protect the tweeters ?

White noise, pink noise and frequency sweeps help highlight where there are issues.  On my personal computer I use Audacity for both making curves and acquiring data.  The FFT on it sucks, but it is free.

I have work to do.

I like the idea of frequency swaps : it should help me find my problems.

I'll look for frequency test tones on the internet.

man you are really putting in work ... I need to get to work on my mazda as well... just haven't had the time to really get into installing yet

On 23/9/2016 at 4:14 AM, Shogen said:

man you are really putting in work ... I need to get to work on my mazda as well... just haven't had the time to really get into installing yet

Nothing special : I'm just trying some tweeters now. they are easy to swap.

Last night I turned the gain a little higher, I'm too conservative. Now it seems that it shines ! I did not have enough time to test and listen, but I think it's much better.

I played with time alignement : first try in my life. I like the first results. I feel like I'm listening right in the middle of the scene !  I'll keep on testing.

That's awesome news! I'm glad to hear you are finally getting the response you were looking for. I'll say that honestly it takes some practice to learn how to tune an active system. Learning how to adjust the gains for tweeters is a tough one. It's not always easy to hear the stress before they pop. That's typically why we recommend starting with cheap(er) drivers when delving into the world of active processing. 

Woohoo for time alignment!!  Best thing ever invented isn't it?!?!  I love the way music sounds with time alignment, immersed in the sound almost as if you were there when it was being recorded. At least with well recorded music, I've been let down by some really great songs with horrible recordings. The more you play with your active setup the more songs you'll find too, unfortunately. 

I'm so glad to hear that your active setup is coming around to meeting your expectations!!

It was my first step with Time Alignement. I like the first result. I'll work on it.

I hope I won't blow those tweeters ! 

It's incredible. I don't understand how I can feel the change like this !

I feel like the stage is right in front of me. It's obviuos when I close my eyes :) 

Some instruments have more presence, sound clearer. I don't know how to express that.

Why do I feel like the sub sounds differently : maybe it's psycho acoustics :)  lower, smoother, better !

That mini dsp purchase was a good upgrade for my system !

BTW those Seas ER18 are wonderful.

Thanks again SSA, thanks again M5.

Glad it is working out.  Write down what you have set now and start playing some more.  Most likely you can have the same revelation again!

You are starting to have first hand experience now in why we always say install is everything.  The last thing to play with is the equipment, first the settings!

I love it when you close your eyes and literally imagine Joss Stone dancing around on your dash.