SpeakerBoy

Taramps 250x4 dead, and no idea as to why

I was swapping my pioneer hu out and putting my sony back in, and somewhere during the installation something happened, and now my T250x4 doesn't turn on anymore. The board stinks like a dead amp, but the internal fuse is fine, and the inline fuse is fine =[ I am not sure where to go from here as far as fixing it, everything else in the car works fine, and I'm just weirded out that it might happen to another amp. 

Thinking about replacing it with a PPI900.4 o.O 

I checked all my wires, even pulled them out, inspected them and re ran them (I only have 6 or so ft of 1/0 power, and a matching ground run to a block, then from the block to the amps). I sorta feel retarded. My 200a alt is going to arrive any day now, and i'll have plenty of bass but no mids lmao. 

Edited by SpeakerBoy

I'v seen something similar a while back.....maybe the remote turn on wire grounded out during the deck swap..??

Did you disconnect the battery before the swap? If so, then you just need to double check your wiring.

Did you disconnect the battery before the swap? If so, then you just need to double check your wiring.

I didn't, it's a terrible habit, I know.

I put a Lanzar Vibe in its place and no issues so far other than sounding like ass. But, free amp.

I'm gonna send it in and see what they say. I'm not sure what I'll do once it's back, I couldn't get full output from it with my Sony deck. Shit, I can barely get the BTL moving without the gain maxed on the AB 2k in a 12cu ft box, where as the pioneer sounded richer, low end was more powerful, and overall sound was clearer.

Edited by SpeakerBoy

Perhaps saving 10 seconds at the price of a couple hundred bucks will fix the habit.

Of course the rest of your post sounds a bit confusing...

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/soundsol/public_html/forum/ips_kernel/classAjax.php:1) in /home/soundsol/public_html/forum/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 323

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/soundsol/public_html/forum/ips_kernel/classAjax.php:1) in /home/soundsol/public_html/forum/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 326

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/soundsol/public_html/forum/ips_kernel/classAjax.php:1) in /home/soundsol/public_html/forum/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 327

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/soundsol/public_html/forum/ips_kernel/classAjax.php:1) in /home/soundsol/public_html/forum/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328

Perhaps saving 10 seconds at the price of a couple hundred bucks will fix the habit.Of course the rest of your post sounds a bit confusing...

Haha ///M5 nobody has time to disconnect the negative battery, we take shortcuts around here. :P:

You've never made a mistake you ended up learning from huh, lol

Sometimes experience is a better teacher than words, what can I say.

So, fumbling around with my amp today I was mildly irritated that I'd managed to scratch it up so much in 6 months of owning it when I noticed, there's paint missing from right behind the remote screw, a teeny dent and black streaks on the terminal screw so I'm guessing poor clearance. Scraped paint off tightening the terminal down, and finally bit it when the wires were getting fucked with during the swap.

If I can get the fog out of my s4 camera I'll post a picture of it.

Indescribably happy that my AB didn't meet the same fate.

Edited by SpeakerBoy

I was saying, with both decks flat, everything off, at full tilt the Sony doesn't push my amps nearly as loud as the pioneer did. Pioneer sounded better at every level. I only switched back to the Sony because I missed t/a. Not sure if I should get a MiniDSP first, or a new unit first, both are on my shopping list.

With the pioneer the btl got loud enough to tickle a bit, but with the Sony I could barely get half throw without max gain, and a ridiculous eq curve, +6 on sub out (max)

Not entirely relevant to the rest of my post, but that's what led to me finding myself in this predicament

Edited by SpeakerBoy

Perhaps saving 10 seconds at the price of a couple hundred bucks will fix the habit.Of course the rest of your post sounds a bit confusing...

Haha ///M5 nobody has time to disconnect the negative battery, we take shortcuts around here. tongue.png:

Speakerboy doesn't have time not to.

Seriously though. It does take all of one minute or so.

Haha ///M5 nobody has time to disconnect the negative battery, we take shortcuts around here. tongue.png:

More like the money to afford to, lbs Edited by SpeakerBoy

More like the money to afford to, lbs
how is it you cant afford to take off a terminal??

And what is lbs....local bike store is what it normally is

For one of the smartest people I know, you're a dumbass lmao

Can't afford to be taking shortcuts.

Then we said the same thing, only I implied it. The local bike shop threw me off.

Finicky amps imo,

Team member smoked his 8k about an hour after adding extra batteries

Mostly upset because it was small enough to tuck behind my glovebox. Want to keep that same form factor, but a Zed Mikro is a bit much right now, so it looks like i'm just fix it and decide whether or not to throw it back in the truck.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/soundsol/public_html/forum/ips_kernel/classAjax.php:1) in /home/soundsol/public_html/forum/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 323

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/soundsol/public_html/forum/ips_kernel/classAjax.php:1) in /home/soundsol/public_html/forum/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 326

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/soundsol/public_html/forum/ips_kernel/classAjax.php:1) in /home/soundsol/public_html/forum/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 327

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/soundsol/public_html/forum/ips_kernel/classAjax.php:1) in /home/soundsol/public_html/forum/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328

I was saying, with both decks flat, everything off, at full tilt the Sony doesn't push my amps nearly as loud as the pioneer did. Pioneer sounded better at every level. I only switched back to the Sony because I missed t/a. Not sure if I should get a MiniDSP first, or a new unit first, both are on my shopping list.

With the pioneer the btl got loud enough to tickle a bit, but with the Sony I could barely get half throw without max gain, and a ridiculous eq curve, +6 on sub out (max)

Not entirely relevant to the rest of my post, but that's what led to me finding myself in this predicament

I always thought it was a good thing to max the sub output : it would allow you to have full voltage from the deck, and then a lower gain setting on the amplifier.

Those Brazilian amps smoking are scarry. They're small, powerfull, but how can they have so many problems ? how do they play with them in Brazil ? They have lots of success down there.

I wouldn't mind, but adjusting the sub out level makes it very punchy which I don't like in a woofer

The zed micro amps are very nice. When you have the money, I highly recommend them.

The zed micro amps are very nice. When you have the money, I highly recommend them.

They are hard to find now.

They are hard to find now.

Oh no.... Are they discontinued?

They are not in production at the moment.

*sweats*

Do you know if there will be another run?

massive audio has some cheap small form factor amps 

My taramps still works. I connected it to the battery directly last night to be sure it was broken, mostly because I was bored but it powers on just fine.

??????

You didn't check that a long time ago?