audiohz

Sundown sa 6.5cs v2 rms

depends where you set the crossover

How about what they are specified at? Going more won't net you output, just damage.

I have seen where jacob has said the test is full range down to 20hz on 100 watts RMS and will handle much more with crossover setting on the low end.. So say I set my hpf at 100hz 12db slope should I be OK with 150 watts RMS per side them I would think so.

I'd doubt it, but that doesn't mean you can't use a 150w amp.

Heck you could put a 1000w amp on them, just adjust the gains right and you are fine.

Overpowering isn't really the best way to net better performance.

What do you want out of them that they can't currently do for you?

I'm not trying to push more from them, I haven't installed them yet. My amp is a Rockford p300x2.

I have the sa6.5cs v2 and a set of infinity kappa tweeters all running on the rockford p300x2. Should that be enough power?

Is math difficult? There is ZERO point in giving them more than rated power.

No the math is not difficult, with the kappa saying it's a 2ohm load mixed with the sundown that's a 4 ohm load I would have a mixed ohm load. Power across that would be less to the sundown. On my dmm the kappa is showing me a 3ohm load though. But with the kappa wired in and the sundown components on each channel with the dmm I'm getting a 5ohm load! With each channel wired in parallel shouldn't my load be lower then 5ohm?

If your running a component set with passive crossovers it shouldn't matter how much over rms you are cause the resistors will block anything over what ever it's set up for. I had a set once that had fuses that lit up when they reached max rms and you knew you didn't need any more power. 

9 minutes ago, Billy Jack said:

If your running a component set with passive crossovers it shouldn't matter how much over rms you are cause the resistors will block anything over what ever it's set up for. I had a set once that had fuses that lit up when they reached max rms and you knew you didn't need any more power. 

Um, no.  There is no power filter in a crossover.  Give them too much they go up in smoke.

As for this...yikes.

2 hours ago, audiohz said:

No the math is not difficult, with the kappa saying it's a 2ohm load mixed with the sundown that's a 4 ohm load I would have a mixed ohm load. Power across that would be less to the sundown. On my dmm the kappa is showing me a 3ohm load though. But with the kappa wired in and the sundown components on each channel with the dmm I'm getting a 5ohm load! With each channel wired in parallel shouldn't my load be lower then 5ohm?

NEVER EVER EVER EVER mix different drivers on the same amp.  ATerrible idea :(

I have never used these speakers but I assure you the ones I had where fused and if you went over there rms they would blow the fuse and it had to be replaced to work again. I thought this was asomething they still did just used a resistor or something instead of a fuse. I guess they just filter out frequencies now right. But I know they do take more power then say a active set so unless you go crazy it's gonna be hard to over power a good set anyways. I would assume they would destort and sound like poop if they where in danger. 

Edited by Billy Jack

I went and looked and they where MB Quartz 61/2 components and they have a light for a fuse so when you overpower the system the power is sent into the light instead of the speaker to avoid blowing your speaker. I may not be a pro but this is one time I know I'm right m5. 

That is a simple inrush limiter it will do jack shit for saving your speakers.  If you have faith in that good luck...

Since you like questions so much perhaps i could word that as a question.  How do you think a "fuse" will protect a speaker thermally?

Thermally it want do nothing but I popped those fuses a couple of times and never blew the speakers. Hell I ran them in the 90's and there still in the top of my closet in working order. The first time I blew them I thought it was just a light for decoration and popped it and the second time was dogging it at a competition. I ran them off a Phoenix gold M50 for years. 

I really wish I had saved my Phoenix gold M100 and M50 those where the best sounding amps I have ever had including my current JL and my last Zapco's. Maybe it was the good old AB power or just my old ass ears but I haven't been able to match that system since for sq. I ran 3 12w6v1's in a 4 cubic foot box sealed in a tiny Toyota hatchback. Judges seemed to like it to.

34 minutes ago, ///M5 said:

Since you like questions so much perhaps i could word that as a question.  How do you think a "fuse" will protect a speaker thermally?

Why not just stop being a passive aggressive bitch and say what you really mean.

The amp is 150 rms per channel so it's not crazy over power when rms is 100 rms per side on the sundowns. The real question now is should I ditch the kappas and just run the sundowns. If the kappas truly a 2 or 3 ohm speaker like they state wouldn't it be robbing power from the sundowns being a 4 ohm load?

7 minutes ago, Billy Jack said:

Why not just stop being a passive aggressive bitch and say what you really mean.

That leads to the same person asking the same question again a week later and helps no one

3 minutes ago, ///M5 said:

That leads to the same person asking the same question again a week later and helps no one

It will now.

Well this topic took a turn.

On June 22, 2016 at 10:22 PM, Billy Jack said:

Quit being a regular bitch and admit you're talking out of your ass lol

I used to hate M5 but only because he was always right lmao