Dangercdv

The new setup help

I will do this later, I can tell just by looking that its not the best sub around but for having a 1700rms amp, whats the best Sub I can get for it without spending too much over $200? I like the lethal injection but from youtube videos im not to impressed. Sundown SA maybe?

1700w is not a limiting factor, youtube videos don't show you ANY information, and reading one or two specs is useless.

The ONLY way to choose a sub is to figure out your box size and then start modeling drivers. Any other method is dumb.

well im not 100% sure what im doing but i tried Winisd and im getting two very similiar graphs for the HDS315 and the Lethal Injection 15, but its showing for a 4 cubic box at 32hz, the soundqubed has a little more output.

Also, im not sure about the vent thing, no matter what I change the size of the vent to the graph doesnt change.

^ oh wait, looking at "Gain" not "SPL" my bad.
Still, im confused about the vent. 

http://i.imgur.com/fMpd1fc.jpg

What is going on with the SA-15? and is the RE Audio SXX really a better buy than the Lethal Injection?

Edited by Dangercdv

Apple, apple, apple, orange.

Force the power & box size all to be the same based on your car. Currently they aren't.

Not sure how I would go about doing that?
I talked to the guy about building a box, and Winisd shows the incriminator Lethal Injection topping out 125db and its the sub I am going to go with.
He builds boxes allot and is convinced he can make it over 125db but in my car im not so sure. I still think ill love the improvment over my current set up. Which is its loudest at like 45-50hz and 30 you can hardly feel a thing.

Click on the other tabs...

Don't read the graph like you are. It isn't about "topping out"

I did set all of them to the same box and same tuning. And the picture was what I got as a result, after changing the tuning to 33-34hz on the Lethal Injection I am pretty sure I will be going with that one. The sundown is kinda wierd looking tho, not sure what happened. I filled in everything I could from their site.

Well, there it is. Very happy with the upgrade, I lost a little of the higher end notes as my car has low quality midbass, but I went from having hardly anything under 35hz to shaking my windows a little bit around 30hz. AND it gets way louder than my 2 15s. Love it.  LI-15.jpg.023241d8a3d49b7594a3cfa19e66f1

Edited by Dangercdv

Nice sub choice.