frogcase2002

1996 caravan, b-pillar wall, zcon 18s

Anyone got any recommendations for good screws for screwing the subs down

I used drywall screws on my zcon when mounted on the top of the box with no problems. Threaded inserts and machine screws would be more secure for your mounting orientation.

For my box and installing my subs I used spax screws. I believe they have a zinc coating on them making them gold. They have their own bit would use basically a Torx bit with a circle in the center of it. The reason we use those on my box because I believe there are grade 5? Which means you can't break them from bending them sideways not just pulling on them straight out. I like them because of the special bit nobody can just hop in there and unscrew my subs and take them out. They're strong as hell and they look good.

I like the Allied Bolt hex combo type head, it allows for a nut or a Phillips driver. It makes for easy work to drive them in with a power tool. I use the 2" screws #14 or 10.

Started on the enclosure

1456618359230.jpg

Think im only doing one layer of mdf but baffle will be 3 or 4 and good bracing inside and 2 by 4s all around the outside

Tested all coils on an amp today . Moving good

Got some work done today

1456789977788.jpg

Ill try to get some pictures up soon.  Got it playing :)

Dont be a tease :P, haha show us the wall.

Edited by jcarter1885

On 2/27/2016 at 1:01 PM, Jason Brittain said:

For my box and installing my subs I used spax screws. I believe they have a zinc coating on them making them gold. They have their own bit would use basically a Torx bit with a circle in the center of it. The reason we use those on my box because I believe there are grade 5? Which means you can't break them from bending them sideways not just pulling on them straight out. I like them because of the special bit nobody can just hop in there and unscrew my subs and take them out. They're strong as hell and they look good.

Spax self drilling screws ftw, i use the silver ones and have yet to break one.

27 minutes ago, Julian said:

Spax self drilling screws ftw, i use the silver ones and have yet to break one.

Thats what I ended up using

Ended up finding a deal on 2 2500s

1457541147301.jpg

Was hard to get good pictures of the front of the wall . .  Ill try to get some videos up soon

Trying to find someone with a meter around me to do some testing.  . Mite buy the ssa meter. Been wanting one for a while

Anyone ran the saz 2500 at .25 ohm? . . Kinda wanna try running them strapped at half an ohm for metering but dont want to if there will be problems. . Only been at one ohm each so far

Edited by frogcase2002

Had my first "bailout" today in my van . . I didnt think it was that loud lol

You've made a few different enclosures for zcon that I've noticed in the past. Do you think they do well in 4th orders? I know some subs are not made for four quarters and I'm not sure if these are or not I was just curious