Mark LaFountain

Evil 12" coming soon. Finally

Our much anticipated 12" version of the EVIL is due to arrive very soon.  We have a few on order to photograph for the store, and there are a few more details to work out on them, but you should see them in the store soon!

:woot:

Evil in the daily driver possibly...... :)

Send me one for testing and abuse. Aaron and I can make some videos and such.

22 minutes ago, nem said:

Send me one for testing and abuse. Aaron and I can make some videos and such.

One is coming to me after product photos.

28 minutes ago, denim said:

One is coming to me after product photos.

Let me know when I should get to building a box! 

Just now, nem said:

Let me know when I should get to building a box! 

I have a few 12" boxes still around, but they are not specific to the Evil.

10 minutes ago, denim said:

I have a few 12" boxes still around, but they are not specific to the Evil.

I have tools and skills, we can make one just for it.

36 minutes ago, nem said:

I have tools and skills, we can make one just for it.

Haha yeah I know.

Yeah buddy

What is the box recommendations. I'm planning on picking to up but I couldn't find box specs

For ported, 2.5 to 3.25 cubes and I suggest to tun around 29 - 33hz for daily, with around 15.25 square inches of port per cube.

5 hours ago, ManzKea said:

What is the box recommendations. I'm planning on picking to up but I couldn't find box specs

Damn haven't seen you around in a while.  You were pretty active at one point.  Didn't you have a couple dss ethos? 

I so wish I could have found a high output alt so I could have ran evil's and went bigger but sadly I'm stuck with stock 130amp. Oh well DC 2k and 2 lvl 4 12's should still be plenty of bassssssssssssss. Still gonna run evil mids and tweets. I will try and post some pics when my stuff gets here. 

38 minutes ago, Billy Jack said:

I so wish I could have found a high output alt so I could have ran evil's and went bigger but sadly I'm stuck with stock 130amp. 

So you went with a less efficient driver since you can't run a bigger alt.  That makes sense /sarcasm

6 hours ago, ohio45113 said:

Damn haven't seen you around in a while.  You were pretty active at one point.  Didn't you have a couple dss ethos? 

Hey man what's up!? Yea I did and I loved em. I had it in the backseat of my challenger. But I traded it in and got a Jeep jku now. I decided to put the ethos into my Altima because I have a front firing sealed from the trunk set up and the re sxxv2 into my Jeep. I figured the Jeep wouldn't be optimal for loud sounds and what not, seeing how it loose pressure easily. Well I was wrong, it slams louder in there than in my Altima. Lol so now I wanna upgrade. I was thinking a single 15 evil till I saw that they make 12s now. I compared the zcon and figured it's a few dollars more for the evil so I'll just go with those. And we'll now I'm here doing research one em lol

7 hours ago, Aaron Clinton said:

For ported, 2.5 to 3.25 cubes and I suggest to tun around 29 - 33hz for daily, with around 15.25 square inches of port per cube.

Alright thanks. And are there a huge difference between the evil and zcon ? Because the pricing is slightly higher and on paper it seems like the evils are a step higher than the zcon

18 hours ago, ManzKea said:

Hey man what's up!? Yea I did and I loved em. I had it in the backseat of my challenger. But I traded it in and got a Jeep jku now. I decided to put the ethos into my Altima because I have a front firing sealed from the trunk set up and the re sxxv2 into my Jeep. I figured the Jeep wouldn't be optimal for loud sounds and what not, seeing how it loose pressure easily. Well I was wrong, it slams louder in there than in my Altima. Lol so now I wanna upgrade. I was thinking a single 15 evil till I saw that they make 12s now. I compared the zcon and figured it's a few dollars more for the evil so I'll just go with those. And we'll now I'm here doing research one em lol

You can't go wrong either way.  I've had a zcon before and I'll vouch it 100%. I have no experience with evils but I'll still vouch for it 100%. There's no way to go wrong with anything ssa. 

21 hours ago, ManzKea said:

Alright thanks. And are there a huge difference between the evil and zcon ? Because the pricing is slightly higher and on paper it seems like the evils are a step higher than the zcon

Yes, pretty big difference.  The Zcon is a top of the food chain with a 3" coil level sub, high output sub that is outstanding for daily and SPL competition.  It is very intense and meant for big power set ups.

The Evil is a top of the food chain with a 4" coil level sub.  It's very strong in power handling, sound and output.  Powerful low frequency extension monster, that is great for demo's and daily.

8 hours ago, ohio45113 said:

You can't go wrong either way.  I've had a zcon before and I'll vouch it 100%. I have no experience with evils but I'll still vouch for it 100%. There's no way to go wrong with anything ssa. 

5 hours ago, Aaron Clinton said:

Yes, pretty big difference.  The Zcon is a top of the food chain with a 3" coil level sub, high output sub that is outstanding for daily and SPL competition.  It is very intense and meant for big power set ups.

The Evil is a top of the food chain with a 4" coil level sub.  It's very strong in power handling, sound and output.  Powerful low frequency extension monster, that is great for demo's and daily.

Sounds great! I'll save up some money that shipping kills me lol sucks I'm in Hawaii when it comes to shipping heavy item

12 hours ago, ManzKea said:

Sounds great! I'll save up some money that shipping kills me lol sucks I'm in Hawaii when it comes to shipping heavy item

Oh I know, it has always been hard for Hawaii customers.

On 28/02/2017 at 9:41 AM, Aaron Clinton said:

Oh I know, it has always been hard for Hawaii customers.

I know what you mean ! Shipping kills me everytime I buy from the USA !