whitemdx

1 rl-p 12" or 2 rl-i 10"....

Hi all,

I am in the market for a system and have decided on Soundsplinter...Here's is my dilemma:

Car will be 2002 Honda Accord Coupe, and here is what I have planned:

HU: Pioneer DEHP9600 $400

Front: Rainbow SLC Kickbass 6.5" Comp 280

Rear Fill: some decent 6x9 100

4-ch amp: PG Xenon 100x4 (100wx4 @ 4 ohm) 300

Sub amp: Kicker zx750.1 300

Sub: Soundsplinter

I was gonna go with 1 12" Rl-p w~ 750W after reading many positive reviews from caraudio forum. I want clean, tight, distortion free bass with decent output (used to have a brahma 15 and that was too much). I planned on a ported box 2.0 ft^3 tuned to 32Hz. But this box is a little larger and the install wouldn't look as clean as I would like.

So I want see what you SS's expert think about this: Sound I go with 1 12" RL-p sealed in like a 1.5^3ft box w~ 750W, or 2 rl-i 10" sealed with same power? If I go the sealed, chances are I am try out fiberglassing. Thanks and sorry for the long post...

Edited by whitemdx

I'd get the 12 personally, but I have an 8 on the way as well. You won't even need 1.5 for it either, the box size difference for the two isn't all that much and with 750w you might as well get the 12.

I think that a little too much, and will be difficult to find an amp for 'em. hmm..3 4 ohm || = 1.3 ohm, 3 dual 4 ohm can into many different combo of series and parallel i don't even want to think about..

1.3ohm isn't so bad, but my point was if it were me I would choose 3 8's or 1 12 and not the 10. Not perhaps a recommendation for you, but a comment nonetheless. To me you are comparing two great but different designs, Rli vs Rlp. The Rlp wins in my book, but my truck is just getting a single Rli8. Either way it is a good choice.

I did just realize now that you said 2 - 10's and not 1...that would bump as well.

me? i'd do the two tens. increased cone area for the win!! plus with 375wrms per driver, you'll be right in their sweet spot, and in .75-1ft^3 per driver..yeah, you'll get loud and low!

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

I love my RL-p and I love my old eclipse which are similar to the RL-i 10's. I tend to prefer single sub installs for daily, but if you want a little extra ummph, then the dual 10 set up will do it as stated above. Honestly it is a win win situation. Both are very good SQ drivers, and I don't think the RL-i gets enough recignition as an SQ driver some times. But then again the RL-p has taken some much bigger name subs out with less power and much lower cost. Either way you go we want pix!!

and :WELCOME: to SSA