Sign in to follow this  
Thekid5678

Budget 6.5's and Tweets?

Hey all, I am workon an a build right now, and I am unsure what I should look into for 6.5's and tweets. I am currently running Nendo Pwx's , but they simply do not put out the sound that I am looking for. 

I am not looking for anything expensive, and I am on a pretty tight budget right now.

I will be mounting 2 6.5's in the front doors, and I will be mounting 2 to my wall once it's built. 

I have a nendo 800.4 for power

Thanks in advance 
~

What crossovers do you have?

M5 good to see you again man.. I went back and read through my other thread, and I can't believe how noobish I was a year ago when I first got into this hobby lol...     As for crossovers, None atm, just running off of the nendo 800.4

I sat in a buddies vehicle today with some decent midrange/tweets, and I was blown away by how nice it sounded.  Not painful, and simply pure crisp sound..   That's pretty much what I am looking for :-)

10 hours ago, Thekid5678 said:

I sat in a buddies vehicle today with some decent midrange/tweets, and I was blown away by how nice it sounded.  Not painful, and simply pure crisp sound..   That's pretty much what I am looking for :-)

That is easy...anything with a real crossover and more importantly a real installation.

9 hours ago, Thekid5678 said:

Been browsing around, and for the price, this component set seems pretty nice
http://www.crutchfield.com/S-zCBt8C2bwHp/p_107DB6501/Polk-Audio-db6501.html

If you all have recommendations for something that is cheaper that will perform better, please let me know :-)

I'd just buy something used and finally figure out what you like or don't.

Ok, I will look around and see if there is anything local.. Also My buddy really want's me to get either Morel,Dayton, or peerless.  Opinions on them?

You can't get any of them.  All will be as bad of failures as the PWX.  They NEED processing.  

That and buying brands is ridiculous, favoring some not.  Installation determines the driver.  Location, processing, goals, deadening, aiming etc. all determine what driver can work well.  Your buddy sounds to be confused.  

We are well aware of processing, location, aiming, etc..  He was saying that for being on a budget they are a great route to go.. 

Dayton maybe, Morel is pricey o.o

I phone went to shit, or I would link you to the ones that he recommended.  Price wasn't bad at all. 

Edited by Thekid5678

22 hours ago, Thekid5678 said:

We are well aware of processing, location, aiming, etc..  He was saying that for being on a budget they are a great route to go.. 

Umm, not really.  If so then you would have SHARED all the above because they all make a HUGE difference on which driver can work.  Being aware means you select the driver based on them, no one can help you if you don't share that information.  Exactly why I stated if he recommended the three brands blindly without taking that into account then his advice is worthless.